• Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I carried a Hi Point pistol for the first month or two I had my license (age 20.) It gave me no problems whatsoever.

I'm thinking about getting a Cx4 clone stock for this thing. Then again, if I ever have to use it for serious purposes, the ugly may just scare off the bad guys ;)

Josh <><

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Regardless of how ugly it may be, it's a shooter

I would agree with the former and the latter is the general consensus from Hi Point owners! Have fun with it.

Have you looked up the numbers to see how much extra velocity you'll be getting out of 9mm with that longer barrel? It's probably a nice increase.

sanzo87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Muncie IN for now
    lol yea the ugly may make me run for the hills lol (sorry just have had a few really bad exp with the handguns a friend got really hurt from it going off when he did nothing more than hit the slide release) i have only hurd good things about the carbines though

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I would agree with the former and the latter is the general consensus from Hi Point owners! Have fun with it.

Have you looked up the numbers to see how much extra velocity you'll be getting out of 9mm with that longer barrel? It's probably a nice increase.

I'm trying to dig up numbers. Far as I can tell, people have been getting about 15% - 25% velocity increases.

Should be around .357mag velocities. This lil' thing is rated at +P+, so it's conceivable I could make it do M1 Carbine velocities, but it'd really pound the gun.

Still, the M1 is a .30 while this is a .35, so the diameter may make up for the velocity loss.

I took out a few water filled milk jugs with it from 50 yards, and while far from the scientific, the jugs did explode with more vigor than if I had hit them with a handgun. Didn't nearly approach the 7.62x39mm round though.

Josh <><

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township

It is not nearly what you'd think it would be. You get a bigger increase out of the very light bullets (95gr) whereas the heavy bullets gain only a negligible amount. I have piles upon piles of data on this as I have been going round and round at my gun club over this very issue. (though it has made 0 difference)

Top Bottom