• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbas55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i recently had an interesting experiance... i was attempting to purchase an m1 garand from cmp, got all my paper together plus a money order, fired it off to anniston. a few weeks later got an email saying my paper work was in order and my order was being forwarded to sales. well im celebrating , thinking i would soon have my gun. than a couple week later i get another email saying my order was being canceled and my money refunded. it appears the fbi nics had not approved nor disapproved my purchase but had delayed it. im now in the process of trying to get this stright.... damn big mess... im innocent.... :D

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    That is strange. I was under the impression that NICS had to disapprove it within a certain time, like 24 hours? If it was not disapproved within that time, it was automatically approved.

Hope you get it straightened out, Garands are sweet.

ol' poke.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The CMP is a great group, I just recieved a Garand by mail. If you are
    able to buy a gun legally, there shouldn't be a problem. Unless you didn't
    meet the CMP needs, but sounds like you had. Hope you find the problem
    an it gets corrected, I would try it again. A Garand is a great rifle, an CMP
    is outstanding.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    There was just a post on this on the CMP forum, they said if you get delayed they dont wait for the call back because they do such a volume that they dont have time ,your order is cancelled

sonrider657

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2010
    Definitely follow up and do what it takes to get your gun. CMP provides fantastic guns at VERY good prices and it is very cool having the gun FedEx'ed right to your door with no FFL hassles. :yesway:

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    That's pretty sad if they kill it for delays.... I know they're swamped, but it sounds to me like a problem in organizational skills.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It sounds like a classic Catch 22. I'd probably be biting the carpet. Please keep us update on how things go for you.

NRA Lifer since 1971

asquinton

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    I haven't purschased a Garand through them yet but I have ordered .30-06 ammo. You can't beat the prices on their ammo or Garands. I'd give it another whirl too. :rockwoot:

matrxx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    i recently had an interesting experiance... i was attempting to purchase an m1 garand from cmp, got all my paper together plus a money order, fired it off to anniston. a few weeks later got an email saying my paper work was in order and my order was being forwarded to sales. well im celebrating , thinking i would soon have my gun. than a couple week later i get another email saying my order was being canceled and my money refunded. it appears the fbi nics had not approved nor disapproved my purchase but had delayed it. im now in the process of trying to get this stright.... damn big mess... im innocent.... :D

Take mine,and enjoy your waiting:
    Garand.jpg

babolat69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Here is the link to the sales site. Click on the left hand side the gun you want to buy to see prices. Price will depend on the grade you want. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I'm the process of refinishing the wood after removing all the cosmo. It is looking unbeleivable... Definetely worth doing!!

CMP Sales

bbbas55

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    i havnt given up... pissssed but... waiting for a reply from nics on correcting the delay. i think its a bad guy with the same name... sent my finger print card, etc in to the fbi but they say it takes 140 days... damn ..i was hopeing to do some shooting this year... oh well **** happens

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    Definitely follow up and do what it takes to get your gun. CMP provides fantastic guns at VERY good prices and it is very cool having the gun FedEx'ed right to your door with no FFL hassles. :yesway:

Wait what? You don't need to go through an FFL transfer on the CMP guns?
    Please expalin as I thought you had to have at least a C&R license to be able to have them shipped to your door...?:D

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    Wait what? You don't need to go through an FFL transfer on the CMP guns?
    Please expalin as I thought you had to have at least a C&R license to be able to have them shipped to your door...?:D

Just read the CMP website if you want the details.

The CMP will ship the rifles directly to your home. You do not need a C&R or FFL to receive.

When you fill out the CMP paperwork you basically are signing a form similar to a 4473 as well as providing proof of birth, age, and identity. The forms get notarized, then you send them in along with payment. You then wait for your orders to be processed shipped.

Top Bottom