• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Just seeing if there is any AK-47 builders here in the Hoosier State? Is it worth building your own? I've seen where it can cost about $400 to have a gunsmith build it and wait for it to be built. I'm just going to use this just to shoot a couple times a year. Just wanted your input.

Thanks

ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Sorry for the once a month question.

just read some past threads and seen it was brought up before but only one person spoke up and said they did.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    it was brought up before but only one person spoke up and said they did.

Last year, a friend built up an AK-74 for me, while I watched and assisted. It was an interesting learning experience, but not something I'd want to tackle on my own. I was fortunate that my friend had all the necessary tools (12-ton press, drill press, jigs, etc) and had previously built several AKs for himself and others.

If you're just looking for something to go blast with occasionally, buy a pre-built rifle and have at it.

VanillaThunder

Shooter
    Rating - 94.5%
    52   3   0
    Aug 13, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    maybe a stupid question, but are AK's getting harder to come by? i noticed at the last gun show, there were hardly any....compared to quite a few the show prior. just curious.

ultraz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    Thanks for the info, I never really took note of the AKs before at the gun shows. I'm just now getting into them.

Yeah I'll end up getting one that's complete

keyser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    I built one a couple of months ago and that was my first one, it really isn't difficult at all. The most time consuming part is drilling out all the rivets from the parts kit. I think it's definitely worth it if you have access to a press and the jigs, if not that kind of limits you to a screw build.

Top Bottom