• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I saw one of these shotguns in a gun shop in Tallahassee Florida and haven't seen one since. Does ANYONE in Indiana import these? I haven't even seen these at the Indy gun show before. Anyone have one? If so, how do you like it?

saiga12p.jpg

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Bradis seems to have them, but they are getting harder to find and more expensive. With current issues with Russia, that may only get worse.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I saw one of these shotguns in a gun shop in Tallahassee Florida and haven't seen one since.

The version you pictured is the pump model with factory folding stock; it was an experimental model that AFAIK never saw production, much less importation to the US.

The regular semi-auto Saiga-12 with standard stock is quite popular, but can be hard to find at times, and it seems they are getting more expensive with each successive batch that comes into the country.

I've got a couple (both have been converted to the traditional AK layout) and like them so much, that I no longer own any other type of shotgun (had Mossberg and Remington pumps and semi-autos in the past).

My Big Russian Hammer:
    saiga_side.jpg

:D

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Bradis has them in but they have gone up considerably. They are now $569.95

I just can't pay that for what it is. Well made firearm or not. I don't think it should be more than $400. Supply and demand is an amazing thing. Well time to keep an eye out for a deal.:cool:

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    The sad part is the fact your paying $600 for a gun that you know damn well you will want to convert it to a true AK platform, more money.

I ordered a converted S12 from Red Jacket in Febuary, they still dont have the base guns to build on yet. I also paid in full for my S12 when I ordered it, I am expecting a phone call any day with a message that there has been a price increase.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Wow. That is crazy. I hope they don't increase the price on you. I wish we could just have more of these imported. I guess I feel that way about many firearms.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    THE US importer is in Indiana. These shotguns have gotten extremely popular the last few years. Supply comes in spurts and sells out right away. I really wish Arsenal would make this in the US.

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have one converted by Tromix. I love it. Though I have some more work I want done to it.

Shooter, I REALLY like your conversion setup. Who did it?

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I've got a Tromix too. Love it. Trying to find a decent sling setup for it. I had Tony put a swivel attachment on top of the 'folder' hinge. Forgot to have him add one up front though.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Shooter, I REALLY like your conversion setup. Who did it?

ME! :D

Well, a buddy of mine with access to a full machine shop did the bulk of the work, but I helped. It was definitely a learning process, and the conversion is functional if not the prettiest in the world.

My second S12 was converted by Josh Newton of Newton Firearms (now defunct), and it's cleaner in the detail areas (welded up "sporter" pin holes, real AKM trigger guard, etc) but also cost $250 for the labor. With my buddy doing the work, I just had to buy him dinner. :)

Last edited:

keyser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Aug 23, 2008
    Saiga 12's are by far my favorite guns, I have two that I converted. I was just in Bradis today and they had two in stock for approx $575, I can't believe how much the price has gone up. I got my first for $300 otd.

Top Bottom