• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JcJ

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    As I start the build up of my group buy lower I'm leaning more and more towards wanting it to be pretty much a rimfire plinker.
    What are your opinions about using a dedicated .22 barrel? Is the improved accuracy worth losing the option of firing .223? I'm pretty sure I need a Ceiner either way, but I'm only just starting to learn about this sorta thing..

Whatcha think? whataya got?

Last edited:

ashylarry

Expert
    Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    May 9, 2008
    Greencastle
    I was looking into that spikes tac upper for my pistol but figured I already had the .22 conversion kit and I like the option of shooting 223

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I like the idea of having the option of still shooting .223, that said, I also like having a dedicated platform. I like being able to pick up my dedicated .22 (which currently resides on my M16) and shoot to point of aim and use the dedicated mags without having any practical or tactile differences.

Scutter, noone makes a dedicated receiver and bolt for the AR that is not a modified version of anything that was previously available. Even Spikes and Kurt's Kustom use modified Atchisson/Ciener bolts with a custom barrel that makes the chamber adapter un-necessary.

The thing about the Atchisson/Ciener is that it is a very good design. John Ciener kind of bastardized and kept a monopoly on the design until recently. People got tired of dealing with his poor attitude and lack of customer service so now Spikes and CMMG are releasing their own copies of the same system. Yes, they are copies, but Ciener also is a copy of the same old Atchisson patent. I think Spike and CMMG will offer a superior product to Ciener's version though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    I like the idea of having the option of still shooting .223, that said, I also like having a dedicated platform. I like being able to pick up my dedicated .22 (which currently resides on my M16) and shoot to point of aim and use the dedicated mags without having any practical or tactile differences.

Scutter, noone makes a dedicated receiver and bolt for the AR that is not a modified version of anything that was previously available. Even Spikes and Kurt's Kustom use modified Atchisson/Ciener bolts with a custom barrel that makes the chamber adapter un-necessary.

The thing about the Atchisson/Ciener is that it is a very good design. John Ciener kind of bastardized and kept a monopoly on the design until recently. People got tired of dealing with his poor attitude and lack of customer service so now Spikes and CMMG are releasing their own copies of the same system. Yes, they are copies, but Ciener also is a copy of the same old Atchisson patent. I think Spike and CMMG will offer a superior product to Ciener's version though.

Thanks! Great news for me. I have bee wanting a 22 kit for some time now. I also have heard of the poor, and down right rude nature of Jonathan Ciener. And getting a 22 AR kit from them forget it. Thanks again for the info. :yesway:

Top Bottom