• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Anyone have one of these? If so, how do you like it. Does ti add anything to the standard M4 style of stock? Is ti worth $20 to try it out for myself? I've got a M4 stock and buffer tube installed on a modified M14 stock and was wondering about adding one of these to help with shooting comfort.

Thanks for any opinions,
    Doug K

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Anyone have one of these? If so, how do you like it. Does ti add anything to the standard M4 style of stock? Is ti worth $20 to try it out for myself?

Doug:

I tried one when they first came out, and it sucked. I quickly got rid of it. Best thing to do would be change out the stock body itself for something more comfortable (E-Mod, LMT, Magpul, etc), or learn to love the one you're with. ;)

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Thanks, Mark, I guess I 'll keep my $20 safe at home. My Chopped m14 ususally lives in a modified USGI fiberglass, but sometimes it pretends it's in a Sage and goes into the funky home made stock!

Hey, different train of thought, but nex time you are able, could you do a quick comparison of front sights on an AK and the KelTec SUB2000? I had an idea to use a modified AK front sight tower if it were anywhere close to teh KT sights. Then, I'd have a better sight picture as well as windag AND elevation adjustment.

Thanks,
    Doug K

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I had an idea to use a modified AK front sight tower if it were anywhere close to teh KT sights. Then, I'd have a better sight picture as well as windag AND elevation adjustment.

Just buy this:
    BLUEFORCEGEAR SUB-2K Front Sight Assy

KT01-800.jpg

Blue Force Gear reintroduces it's superior replacement front sight for the Kel-Tec SUB 2000 Carbines.

Features:
    *Comes with M16A2 sight post and accepts optional tritium lits post
    *Allows the carbine to be folded and maintains original locking function when folded
    *Picatinny spec rail on bottom accepts lights or lasers
    *CNC Machined aluminum
    *Black hard coat anodized finish
    IN STOCK FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT! PN: KT01-BTFP-MKII

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Just buy this:

KT01-800.jpg

Blue Force Gear reintroduces it's superior replacement front sight for the Kel-Tec SUB 2000 Carbines.

Features:
    *Allows the carbine to be folded and maintains original locking function when folded
    *CNC Machined aluminum

That looks sweet, but I find it hard to spend 1/3 the price of the whole carbine on the front sight.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    That looks sweet, but I find it hard to spend 1/3 the price of the whole carbine on the front sight.

It's an option, that's all. Percentage-wise, it would be no different than putting a $150 Hi-Point Carbine into a $60 ATI stock, putting a $200 scope on a $600 hunting rifle, or putting a $169 Crimson Trace laser on a $250 Kel-Tec P32. Folks do it all the time. I suggested it because it would give Slow Hand the adjustability and durability he's looking for, and as a drop-in solution, would be a heck of a lot easier than hand-fitting an AK front sight tower which may or may even be possible.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It's an option, that's all. Percentage-wise, it would be no different than putting a $150 Hi-Point Carbine into a $60 ATI stock, putting a $200 scope on a $600 hunting rifle, or putting a $169 Crimson Trace laser on a $250 Kel-Tec P32. Folks do it all the time. I suggested it because it would give Slow Hand the adjustability and durability he's looking for, and as a drop-in solution, would be a heck of a lot easier than hand-fitting an AK front sight tower which may or may even be possible.

I think I just have to say it so I don't buy one. :)

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Just buy this:

Features:
    *CNC Machined aluminum

That is a nice looking piece and save buying the $20 rail from Kel Tec, but I have to agree that $100+ is a bit much. I'm big on doing stuff myself and taking on oddball projects (probably why I've always got several projects going at once!) and thought it'd be a fun little project. Is it set up for windage adjustment? Doesn't look like it is. While I don't care for K-T's rinky dinky set-up, at least it is adjustable. A good thing sonce both of my SUB2K's have shot to the left for me upon purchasing.

When do you work next? I'll have to drop by and compare myself and talk to you a bit about your MAC. I'm thinking hard about getting into the Class III Club!

Doug K

Top Bottom