I just jumped into the long rifle owners bracket....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I'll try to get pics up tonight, but I snagged a nice find for a long gun. First two shots out of her made an oval at 100yds:rockwoot:

btw, anyone hand loading some nasty 30-06's???:D

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    ok, I was going to make you guys play the guessing game, but oh well....

its a remington 700, long action I'm thinking sps, but I'm not certain. Stainless finish and what seems like a world class tasco, bipod, synthetic stock, and box mag....:)

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN

for only ever shooting shotguns and a friends mosin's, I was able to make quick work of his modified m44. Then again, we were shooting at night and i had a bit better quality ammo.....:popcorn:

btw, I'm glad I chose the 30-06 over the 300win mag they had for less......far easier to shoot and not as punishing. I bought it 2 weeks ago and get it back from extractor clip surgery today.....I wish it was claw style.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    now that I'm home from work, here's some crappy phone pics, I have some good ones but the camera they were taken with is MIA

r700a.jpg

r700.jpg

r700c.jpg

r700b.jpg

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    You can kill 5 men with AK47's with that b4 they even saw you and if they did they couldn't hit you at that range...lol That said least you didn't buy an evil and O-so deadly assault rifle. Saves more for the rest of us! :rockwoot::ar15::ar15: NICE RIFLE! TURTLE! TURTLE!

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    I chose the 30-06 over a 300 win mag that was less too.....I have on order 2 boxes of sabot rounds, 55gr 223 bullets.....over 4000fps, yes please

btw, is it legal to hunt coyotes in season with a 30-06? either way my property will be irradicated

Top Bottom