• ...and so much more!
  • chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Hi all,
    I just saw this on the club's website, and thought I'd share it here. Looks like the Board has taken some of the money the club has earned over the past few years, and is putting it towards some much needed improvements. Thanks to the existing Board for tackling this important project!
    Sincerely,
    Chuck

"Beginning on Monday, December 21st, the main range will be closed for a complete tear-down and rebuild. There will be an entirely new covered firing line as well as new overhead baffles and numerous other much-needed improvements. While we hope it can be finished sooner, this process could take up to 90 days, during which time the main range will be unavailable. The bays will remain open for use during the construction period, so please be considerate of your fellow club members and share bay space."

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    :).....MCF&G

I am glad to see this underway. Get it done in the slow part of the year.

Me too. Its been a while since I've been out (unfortunately its been so long since I've been to MCF&G that the bays weren't covered last I went). On the downside I was about to start heading back out there (been hitting Parabellum here and there), but looks like I better do it soon before the bays stack up. Maybe I can try and get out there during lunch time on days that my schedule permits.

I much prefer the bays when I am out there (and have always waited to be able to get one to myself to allow moving around, etc), but anyone know if there will be anything particularly different about the main range after construction, or will it have all the same attributes, but new.

A few cold days will probably thin out any crowds though, I'm guessing.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Been Busy hadn't seen this before; Thanks for the updates.

and drat at the same time - wanted to get some family range time in over the holidays and with the warm weather.
    ... oh well. we'll see what happens now.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If anybody is stopping by and is willing to post some photos, I'd really appreciate it. It'll be a fun way to remember once the project is complete.

cavemike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The demo guys have made a lot of progress. I was out there Tuesday to drop off the new info letter and pay my dues, the skeleton of the firing line was still in place then. I am heading out with my son in a couple of hours so I will find out, but have they mad it to the 100 yard range yet?

browndog2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    beautiful day today. We have progress.
    DSCN6778.JPG

DSCN6779.JPG

DSCN6780.JPG

DSCN6781.JPG

DSCN6782.JPG

DSCN6784.JPG

DSCN6785.JPG

DSCN6786.JPG

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I tried to post a few more but I've exeeded my quota.
    Oh well, rules is rules, I will abide.

That is because you are putting them in your INGO albums. Just put them on a free hosting site (Tinypic, Imgur, Photobucket, etc) and then you can link to them. When you do that, be sure to unselect "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" which automatically takes any remote pictures and pulls them into your INGO album.

Top Bottom