• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was going to join MCF&G, but this CV mess got in the way.
    I've been there with INGO members 4 times now.
    I've had members help me with rifle scopes, stock sizes & Steel Match orientation.

I knew after the steel shooting practice that I had to join not only to have an outdoor range option but for future Friday Night Steel Shooting.
    I figure in July there will be the 1st-Tuesday-of-the-month meeting, and I want to be ready.

Can anyone tell me if my classes I've taken elsewhere would count in lieu of the course that is required:

1. Point Blank
    Basic Handgun Class
    Minimum 50 rounds of ammunition
    Students will receive 10 minute breaks

2. Point Blank
    Advanced Conceal Carry Class
    Minimum 200 rounds of ammunition
    Students will receive 10 minute breaks

3. Graig Leatherbury
    Southern Indiana Firearms Training and Safety
    Note: an all-day class in Columbus, IN

A friend has been waiting to join this year, but the CV shutdown has slowed him down.
    He has done everything, including taken the safety class a woman gives, and is ready to hand in all his paperwork.
    If my prior classes don't count I want to contact the woman offering them to take care of that.

I'll read through all the pages here looking for answers.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    In the "Sticky Threads" under "MCFG: How to Join," this comes up, no matter which link I click on?

[h=2]Related Links[/h]
    bullet_lime.gif
    Rf Power Amplifier

bullet_lime.gif
    Jobs Job

bullet_lime.gif
    Electric Cars

bullet_lime.gif
    Race Car Track

bullet_lime.gif
    Blood

bullet_lime.gif
    Electric Range

bullet_lime.gif
    Electric Ranges

bullet_lime.gif
    Electric Car

bullet_lime.gif
    Rf Amplifier

bullet_lime.gif
    What Jobs

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

Thanks singlesix, that link went through w/o issue.:thumbsup:

I contacted Dee & set up an appt. to take her next class.

She said she send me a link that would hopefully open up the Rules, Quiz & application to me.
    If my computer is doing the blocking, I'll ask someone to copy & paste the info & send it to me via email so I can get those things in order.
    I might be able to go online and get the info from there instead of the links here that are not working for me.
    Thanks again!

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This piqued my curiosity so I did some research... The list of approved classes is what it is (no exceptions) so if I was wanting to join without having any of those under my belt I'd just bite the bullet and show up at 4:00 on a Board Meeting day, take the on-site training for $75, attend the orientation, fill out the paperwork and pay up all in one visit and get it all over with. A bit over $250 is WELL worth it to have access to such a great facility and it's so much better to shoot outdoors (in my opinion). That having been said, joining at the October, November, or December Board Meeting gets you up to 3 extra months included in the following year's membership so that's always an option if one is looking to stretch a dollar.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    This piqued my curiosity so I did some research...
    The list of approved classes is what it is (no exceptions) so if I was wanting to join without having any of those under my belt I'd just bite the bullet and show up at 4:00 on a Board Meeting day, take the on-site training for $75, attend the orientation, fill out the paperwork and pay up all in one visit and get it all over with.
    A bit over $250 is WELL worth it to have access to such a great facility and it's so much better to shoot outdoors (in my opinion).
    That having been said, joining at the October, November, or December Board Meeting gets you up to 3 extra months included in the following year's membership so that's always an option if one is looking to stretch a dollar.

I someone sent me a link that worked so I immediately called Dee & set up an appt. to take the class. :rockwoot:
    I am doing exactly as you suggested, getting everything done in 1 day: very convenient. :thumbsup:

I knew that to join it was a bit of a hit compared to other places I've joined, but I really want an outdoor range w/i 30 minutes.
    Others I have been to have been 1 hour or 1.5 hrs. away.
    Then I can really have fun with my .22LR rifles now (10/22 & RPR) at a distance greater than 25 yrds.
    I'm really ready for the steel: getting tired of shooting paper.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I'm signed up for the next class with Dee, too. Even if I buy a few steel targets to hang in the pistol bays, this oughtta pay for itself in no time.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I'm signed up for the next class with Dee, too. Even if I buy a few steel targets to hang in the pistol bays, this oughtta pay for itself in no time.

I'll see you then: Tuesday, July 7th. :thumbsup:
    A friend of mine, Yankee Doodle, has taken the class with Dee already, but will be turning in all his forms & paying his money to join that Tuesday as well.
    I didn't know if you could buy your own steel targets & place them downrange, but that could be interesting after you get tired of what's there.
    Hopefully, others wouldn't think you were stealing steel targets when you put it back into your trunk! :lmfao:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    FYI, both pistol bays have permanent steel targets already (round and square plates).

Thanks, good to know! :thumbsup:
    When hps showed me the ropes at MCF&G, orienting me to Steel Shooting at one of the bays, I have been wanting to get back to them.
    I thought shooting steel was easy till hps put me on a timer, and then everything changed :dunno:.

It will be so much fun getting back to the steel finally. :ingo:

MountieHoo

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2020
    Indianapolis
    So happy I moved to Indianapolis just in time for the monthly range orienting/training session. Looking forward to join at the members meeting tomorrow!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Just got back from getting a membership at MCF&G.
    Very excited about having steel to ring & 100 yds. for my rifles.
    Someone I bought a gun from recently mentioned he had a Lifetime membership.
    I pays for itself in about 3 yrs. so I went for the "value package." :laugh:

Since people have been backed up to join since this was the 1st meeting they have had for new members to join for months, there must have been 2 dozen there.
    A dozen were there needed to get the safety training, like me.
    We had to shoot anyone of 5 different steel targets (12") from about 45 feet.
    I shot them all a couple of times at least.
    Since I have been set up for 21' & 30' with my CZ Rami with the 14 round mag, in a Shadow 2 OWB holster, I missed 2 rds. ringing steel. :dunno:

I can't wait to try out my guns there! :)
    I told the Rangemaster at Point Blank Monday when I was there shooting with zachcz, that I wouldn't be seeing him much until winter b/c I was going to start going to an outdoor range.
    He was poking fun at me:stickpoke: since I had only been there 3 hours.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Not counting today, it's been 12 days since I joined MCFG (did the Lifetime membership since it pays for itself in 3 yrs.).
    6 visits x 26 hrs x 1600 rds (this pm will make 7 visits).
    You know how I love my statistics. :coffee:
    I went 4 out of the first 5 days being humbled by 100 yds, never having gone beyond 25 yds. :dunno:
    I did go shoot some steel with pistols at the 50' bay so I could feel good about myself before I left. :D

I did shoot some steel at 100 yds months ago with my rifles, but that was too easy.
    I was getting some much needed instruction on leveling up scopes properly and recommendations for stock sizes for my arthritic neck, but we were using 25 yds for that.

I got lucky Friday in the fact that an older man with a spotting scope helped me dial-in my 10/22 & RPR since I can't see my POI with my binos (10x50) or rifle scopes (3-9x40).
    It was frustrating days earlier b/c evidently it is important to be able to see where you're shooting. :laugh:
    I also had to learn that to dial-in a scope at 100 yds, that's not where you begin. :dunno:

I'm going back after Worship today to check out a spotting scope (Bushnell 18-36x50) to see if it will work with my eyes.
    A member offered to let me see if it would work with my eyes.

Monday, I'm meeting with up with a member, this time to buy a Henry Pump .22LR, b/c I've never had a pump before.
    Hopefully, I'll like it better than I did my Henry lever action, which wasn't conducive to accuracy shooting, even at my level of shooting:lmfao:.
    I thought I could use it for shooting steel since I have that option now.

This week I am going to get Zack's Savage 2 back again b/c I didn't have a chance to try it out at 100 yds, only 25 yds at the Pt. Blk., to see if my Rugers are more accurate.
    They had better be at twice the price.
    I saw a "like new" Savage 2 for sale ($175) last evening, & if the Savage was more accurate, I'd buy it to replace the RPR, but there is no way that can be the case, unless it's just me.
    Hopefully, I'll have a spotting scope by then so I can SEE!!!

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Been a member for years. Never seen anything on a lifetime membership. Interested to hear more on that with some references, please.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Been a member for years. Never seen anything on a lifetime membership. Interested to hear more on that with some references, please.

Someone I was texting mentioned it!
    I was thrilled, since you know how I go for the value.
    First year with for a new member is $185, then $135 after that.
    So, in 3 years your at $455: a no brainer for a cheap-arse like me. :laugh:

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Someone I was texting mentioned it!
    I was thrilled, since you know how I go for the value.
    First year with for a new member is $185, then $135 after that.
    So, in 3 years your at $455: a no brainer for a cheap-arse like me. :laugh:

So what's the pricing for lifetime? I'm surprised (in some ways) there isn't anything on the website about it, unless they are specifically trying to not have folks do lifetime memberships.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    So what's the pricing for lifetime? I'm surprised (in some ways) there isn't anything on the website about it, unless they are specifically trying to not have folks do lifetime memberships.

Sorry, I thought I'd mentioned that, but maybe on another thread?

$500 = Lifetime

I thought your observation was spot on or it would have been openly listed in the fees section.
    When I was a part of a S2KCA it was $35/year or $250 lifetime = 7 yrs. break even point.

Top Bottom