Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Questions about joining MCF&G

User Info Menu

Questions about joining MCF&G

I was going to join MCF&G, but this CV mess got in the way.
    I've been there with INGO members 4 times now.
    I've had members help me with rifle scopes, stock sizes & Steel Match orientation.

I knew after the steel shooting practice that I had to join not only to have an outdoor range option but for future Friday Night Steel Shooting.
    I figure in July there will be the 1st-Tuesday-of-the-month meeting, and I want to be ready.

Can anyone tell me if my classes I've taken elsewhere would count in lieu of the course that is required:

1. Point Blank
    Basic Handgun Class
    Minimum 50 rounds of ammunition
    Students will receive 10 minute breaks

2. Point Blank
    Advanced Conceal Carry Class
    Minimum 200 rounds of ammunition
    Students will receive 10 minute breaks

3. Graig Leatherbury
    Southern Indiana Firearms Training and Safety
    Note: an all-day class in Columbus, IN

A friend has been waiting to join this year, but the CV shutdown has slowed him down.
    He has done everything, including taken the safety class a woman gives, and is ready to hand in all his paperwork.
    If my prior classes don't count I want to contact the woman offering them to take care of that.

I'll read through all the pages here looking for answers.

User Info Menu

In the "Sticky Threads" under "MCFG: How to Join," this comes up, no matter which link I click on?

Related Links

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by singlesix View Post
    Thanks singlesix, that link went through w/o issue.

I contacted Dee & set up an appt. to take her next class.

She said she send me a link that would hopefully open up the Rules, Quiz & application to me.
    If my computer is doing the blocking, I'll ask someone to copy & paste the info & send it to me via email so I can get those things in order.
    I might be able to go online and get the info from there instead of the links here that are not working for me.
    Thanks again!

User Info Menu

Follow up:
    Your link opened up the items I needed!

User Info Menu

This piqued my curiosity so I did some research... The list of approved classes is what it is (no exceptions) so if I was wanting to join without having any of those under my belt I'd just bite the bullet and show up at 4:00 on a Board Meeting day, take the on-site training for $75, attend the orientation, fill out the paperwork and pay up all in one visit and get it all over with. A bit over $250 is WELL worth it to have access to such a great facility and it's so much better to shoot outdoors (in my opinion). That having been said, joining at the October, November, or December Board Meeting gets you up to 3 extra months included in the following year's membership so that's always an option if one is looking to stretch a dollar.
    Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbhausen View Post
    This piqued my curiosity so I did some research...
    The list of approved classes is what it is (no exceptions) so if I was wanting to join without having any of those under my belt I'd just bite the bullet and show up at 4:00 on a Board Meeting day, take the on-site training for $75, attend the orientation, fill out the paperwork and pay up all in one visit and get it all over with.
    A bit over $250 is WELL worth it to have access to such a great facility and it's so much better to shoot outdoors (in my opinion).
    That having been said, joining at the October, November, or December Board Meeting gets you up to 3 extra months included in the following year's membership so that's always an option if one is looking to stretch a dollar.

I someone sent me a link that worked so I immediately called Dee & set up an appt. to take the class.
    I am doing exactly as you suggested, getting everything done in 1 day: very convenient.

I knew that to join it was a bit of a hit compared to other places I've joined, but I really want an outdoor range w/i 30 minutes.
    Others I have been to have been 1 hour or 1.5 hrs. away.
    Then I can really have fun with my .22LR rifles now (10/22 & RPR) at a distance greater than 25 yrds.
    I'm really ready for the steel: getting tired of shooting paper.

User Info Menu

I'm signed up for the next class with Dee, too. Even if I buy a few steel targets to hang in the pistol bays, this oughtta pay for itself in no time.
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MinuteManMike View Post
    I'm signed up for the next class with Dee, too. Even if I buy a few steel targets to hang in the pistol bays, this oughtta pay for itself in no time.

I'll see you then: Tuesday, July 7th.
    A friend of mine, Yankee Doodle, has taken the class with Dee already, but will be turning in all his forms & paying his money to join that Tuesday as well.
    I didn't know if you could buy your own steel targets & place them downrange, but that could be interesting after you get tired of what's there.
    Hopefully, others wouldn't think you were stealing steel targets when you put it back into your trunk!

User Info Menu

FYI, both pistol bays have permanent steel targets already (round and square plates).

Endowment Member, National Rifle Association; Member, Gun Owners of America; Member, Second Amendment Foundation; Member, Marion County Fish and Game Association; Member, Crawfordsville Gun Club; Member, Revere's Riders; Rifleman, Project Appleseed; Private Pilot, Airplane, Single-Engine Land

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast