We re-built our website. I think it is nice.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lester

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Greencastle
    We launched an updated website this morning. If you could be so kind, let me know your thoughts on its design and function. I'm not gonna lie, I like it and worked hard on it, but that doesn't mean I'm deaf to how it can be better next time.

mceclip3.png

Some features of this version, aside from a cosmetic facelift:

1. Shop by category has been built into a single menu - easy to open one time and see all of the possible departments.

mceclip1.png

2. Shop by brand has its own menu so site visitors can easily go right to their favorite brands (I'm sure this would have been very useful during the Salomon group buy).

mceclip2.png

3. Added instant chat. Though, I admit we haven't fully integrated with the retail store front to make sure it is online at all hours of the day. Working on that so it is useful.

mceclip4.png

4. May favorite part: Category pages can be sorted by product type, gender, brand, price, and color. Lots of websites do this, so what, but this design is kinda a big deal because the tech we used means the page does not need to reload each time the visitor selects a filter. So, flipping though all the lines, items, brands, and colors to zero in on exactly what you want is fast and easy. As fast as any other place I have ever seen, in my experience.

mceclip5.png

5. And a few other tweaks on the product pages that make it easier to shop and get to know the product. At least, I think it makes it better, but I'm biased.
    icon_smile.gif

mceclip6.png

In all, I think this round is a success, but I'm already planning the next update. That one might be a little more ambitious (new platform?) so before that, I will focus on some of our smaller, supporting websites (like our scrubs business and a separate website for custom embroidery), each using the new platform I am considering to make sure it is what I really want. Then, we'll tackle the uniform site again.

So, how'd we do? Please, the more feedback, the better - feel free to nitpick - the smallest things matter.

Thanks!

Top Bottom