WTS/WTT: Wood Pellet Stove (needs a little TLC)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Enkrypter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    New Palestine, IN
    Just in time for a nasty winter....

I have a wood pellet stove fireplace insert that has seen very little use. It's basically sat in my living room un-used for about 4 years now. I am un-sure of the model of the unit, but it does have an electric blower and before we jammed it up, with pellets too big for it to eat, it really cranked out the heat. It looks about like all the other wood pellet inserts on the market. It has the heat pipe system to increase heat output.

It's currently jammed up and I've been too lazy to clean it out. I believe we put in slightly larger pellets than what it was rated for. It ran best on cherry pits and corn. All electrical components work, it just won't drop pellets. From all my research this is a common issue and is easily fixed by someone willing to take the time. (I'm a lazy computer nerd by trade and working on anything non-computer or guns is just not a priority for me)
    I have complete and utter faith that it just needs cleaned out. The stove has seen minimal use. There is no reason it couldn't heat your house for another 10 years.

The reason I want to sell is that we would rather have a gas fireplace log.

The stove can be yours if you come pick it up and make an acceptable offer. I would prefer cash offers, but would also entertain firearm offers as well.

If you're handy enough, I would also accept an even trade on an installed gas log or vent-less fireplace insert.

I'm about 15 mins east of indy. PM me and we'll talk deal. Worst I say is "no". Will post pictures tonight.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom