Please reply by conversation.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Re-posting with pictures. Again, the birds are FREE.

Located in Mooresville area. Can meet nearby.

Don't recall the breed. They've been fed organics and given room to roam...some would say free-range, some not. The 8 birds (including these two) share about 200-250 sq. feet of our back yard and a coop. The lucky girls who stay behind will get frequent run of the whole back yard once the fence goes in, but I digress.

I should also note, due to the urgency of moving these guys out, I am sharing this as far and wide as I can, so they may (I hope) go quickly.

UPDATE: Well, it's been quite a week here at the "ranch". It turns out we don't have 2 roosters.

Combs are popping out all over We definitely have at least 3 roosters, probably 4, and possibly 5 :faint:

Up to 5/8 "pullets"... needless to say, I'm less than pleased with my pullet-purchasing experience at Rural King.

Anyway, we've had some interest, but no takers, so I'm presenting....

OPTION 2: Since no one seems to want live roosters, how about a rooster that is ready for the freezer or pot? There is, of course, a catch.

While I have field dressed and butchered deer, cleaned squirrel and rabbits, helped butcher a hog, and cleaned plenty of fish in my time, I've never processed a chicken or any other type of fowl.

If you have a bit of time, a place we can work, experience processing chickens from feathered to freezer, and would be interested in bartering guidance and minimal assistance in the act for some meat, hit me up on PM and lets see if we can work something out. I'd like to learn to do it right, and humanely.

Please keep all correspondence to PM and thanks for looking.

Without further ado, here are the boys. They are the darker ones with the bigger combs:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom