WTS: 1997 Dodge Stratus ES (NWI / Lake County)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    1997 Dodge Stratus ES
    2.5L V6 24VOHC
    242K miles

Fair condition. Rusting like typical Chrysler product but looks surprisingly good for the age and miles. This is NOT a primary family car but more suitable for running around town or starter car for a new driver.

While driving it a week ago, it downshifted into second gear and stayed. Check Engine light came on as well. Nursed it to the mechanic. He cleared the code and the vehicle drives ok now. Mechanic said that it could be a control unit starting to fail. Replacing it with a used part (to save money) would cost $279. No crashes except when wife brushed against a parking post (professionally repaired). Other than the problem already mentioned, this car has run reliably with no engine issues taking me to work (100 mile round trip) every third day for the last several years.

• Needs tie rods replaced on passenger side front
    • Probably needs new struts/shocks (never been replaced) but still rides ok (doesn't bounce after hitting bumps or holes)
    • Engine has had a tick for the past 50k miles
    • Leaks fluids as expected. Usually have to add a quart of motor oil in between oil changes. Usually takes some trans fluid every eight or ten months.
    • Driver side window doesn't work
    • Tape deck doesn't work
    • A/C quit working at 150k miles. Never bothered to have it fixed.

• New tires at 231,401 miles. Tires were 65k tread warranty ... 54k tread life remaining. Premium rims (not hub caps)
    • New radiator and trans cooler installed last month.
    • New front wheel bearings installed in 2015
    • In past six years: new timing chain, new water pump, new battery, tune up (plugs/wires)
    • Oil changed religiously every 3k miles up to 200k mile mark and then every 6k miles afterwards. ALWAYS used full synthetic (Valvoline). Air filter changed accordingly as well.
    • Coolant flushed and changed as needed.
    • No water leaks into passenger compartment or trunk but weather stripping is breaking up and missing on some doors
    • Tilt steering
    • ABS works fine

More information can be provided if requested.

Kelly Blue Book put the value at $760. I am asking $200 O.B.R.O. *** SOLD for $200 ***

I work shifts. Please allow as much as 36-48 hours for a reply to PMs.

DSCN3100_zpskr1hrcn5.jpg

DSCN3099_zpsfw9kp6fm.jpg

DSCN3101_zpsbueemqvt.jpg

DSCN3103_zps5uelqh9e.jpg

DSCN3104_zps40yklckv.jpg

DSCN3105_zpsg6ghtagk.jpg

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Car goes to the junkyard after this weekend. They said they will pay $150-$200 for scrap.

Post or PM me with questions or offers or your sad sob story (you might get a free car). Cash only. Show up and drive off with car and title.

Drove it a couple times to run errands since I posted this ad and the engine light has come back on ... still shifts fine though. So ... if it's still the same issue that my mechanic identified, you would be looking at around $300. You could also just drive it until it quits.

Also ... tires. If nobody shows interest in the car but wants the tires, you can have them, provided you swap out your crappy tires for me to drive this thing to the junkyard.

*** SOLD for $200***

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom