Please reply by conversation.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Closing down tree sales for this year. Thanks INGO

• New Crop English (Carpathian) Walnut and Pecan Seedling Trees.
      New this year approximately 45 English Walnut (Carpathian variety) seedling trees. (Pecan seedling trees are not yet up). These take about 15-18 years to mature and start producing nuts in quantity. These are strong vigorous trees that have withstood 40-50 mph winds with minimal damage. We harvest 100 plus pounds of English Walnuts per year from three trees. I had limited space when these were planted and they are too crowded, but if you have acreage available, would make an excellent nut grove if properly spaced. The English Walnuts are easy to harvest as they just open up and fall to the ground in late September/October. It is however, a race to beat the tree rats to the harvest. If you have multiple trees, no problem, there's plenty to share. If you have squirrels in abundance, they will strip the trees over a matter of a few weeks. I'm looking for $5 for each new seedling and $10 for two year old trees. I'm in Noblesville and not willing to drive to meet. PM and I will provide directions for pick up. One final note: These do well here, and might survive harsher conditions further North. Now for the pictures:

f45df40e-b557-4311-bdfe-4f4b7e084fef_zpsnguqsepp.jpg

Mature walnut tree approx 30 ft tall.

rimg.php

Nuts on a Walnut tree in June

rimg.php

Nuts in late September opening and ready to drop.

rimg.php

Seedlings ready to plant

rimg.php

The harvest from 2016, 10 total baskets.

Check nursery prices for Carpathian Walnut trees. These are a bargain.
      I have just a few two year old trees available also so PM to reserve these as they go quickly and for pick up arrangements.
      All the best and thanks for any interest. This is a long term plan, but you will be greatly rewarded for your patience!

Last edited by a moderator:

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    The two year old trees are all nearly spoken for so get yours soon. Selling locally, and they are moving quickly. Pecans won't be ready until next month.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Pecan trees have just begun emerging. First trees available about the first of June. Due to a really weird winter, many of the seeds rotted in the ground, so there will not be many pecans trees available this year. If you think you will want a few, put your request in soon as they generally go quickly. Also as a surprise to me, I was looking at a seven year old walnut tree I planted from a seedling and it is now about 10-12 feet in height. This year it set about a dozen walnuts and they lasted until late last week when the high winds brought all but two down. Since it is a relatively small tree, the winds whipped it around pretty severely. The tree came through intact, just lost the walnuts. Also due to the May freeze two weeks ago, many of the smaller walnuts began falling off last week as well, so the crop will be smaller this year. These are just a few of the things you may encounter if you decide to grow these trees. I have also been asked if these trees can stay potted for a long period of time. The answer is NO, as they need to develop their long tap root as quickly as possible to make it through their first winter of dormancy. Pm for any additional details.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Pecan tree seedlings are now available. As previously stated quantities are limited. The only trees available are first year seedlings. The few two year trees are all spoken for.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Mr. Gunworks, what is the situation with regards to carpathian walnut's production of their OWN juglans toxin, and also what is their resistance TO said toxin?

Thanks,
    -Nate

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Thieves managed to liberate six to eight walnut trees on Thursday afternoon. Pulled in the drive and helped themselves. I still have about a dozen left and a few pecans. I expect all of them to be gone over the next two weeks.

gunworks321

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Noblesville
    Two pecan trees left and six walnut trees. This is the last week and closing ad after the 4th of July. Any trees on hold need to be picked up by July 10th as we will be on vacation after that.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom