WTS: 1999 GMC Jimmy - Four Door/Two Wheel Drive - Located in Starke County near Knox

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    1999 GMC Jimmy - This vehicle has been owned by our family since 2005, and has been well maintained. The only known issue is the air conditioning either needs recharged or fixed. I don't use A/C so it has never bothered us to not have it working.

189,650 miles. I drive this regularly so mileage will be slightly higher, but this is where it is currently.

4.3 L/V6 engine. Power windows/door locks, rear window defroster, heated mirrors, power seats, cruise control, Kenwood stereo with bluetooth/MP3 jacks. Very clean and minimal rust. There is a little rust by the gas fill and a few little bubbles of surface rust starting over the rear wheels. Rear tires were replaced in 2016. Front tires are in good condition. It does not use oil. The transmission was rebuilt with all upgraded parts at about 163,000 miles. Apparently, there is a gear that is known to go out in these transmissions around 135K. This one lasted longer, probably because we didn't use it for towing and didn't abuse the vehicle. Starts and runs great. As noted in the title of this thread, it is two wheel drive, not four. It handles great in snow.

Photos show the condition of the vehicle including what rust is present. Very clean and solid for the age of the vehicle.

I am selling the vehicle for my son as he is out of the country and won't be returning for a while. I've been driving the vehicle regularly since he has been gone, but he has decided to have me sell it for him. It is reliable and can be driven anywhere as is.

I am not interested in trades. Cash only. Asking $2,350. Clean title.

2w6xwfl.jpg

wb6nmo.jpg

2hg5rtc.jpg

o7826w.jpg

2my9mci.jpg

20ihzqf.jpg

Last edited:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Very reliable transportation in very good condition. Mileage is now just over 190K as I am driving it daily.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I was going to edit the original post but no longer see that as an option so here is an update!

My son has decided he wants to buy something to drive while in Europe and needs some money to do so. I haven't been pushing the sale of this too hard since I hate to see him sell it, but he needs the money and my husband says I don't need another vehicle so price is being reduced.

Since the original post, the mileage has increased to about 191,500. The front brakes were done in about October (have receipts here somewhere) with new pads, calipers, hoses to the calipers and brake lines. I'm still driving this a couple of times a week and have had no issues. No check engine lights, etc.

It will be due for an oil change in about 300 miles, and since the last change we have had to add about a half quart of oil.

It runs good, is dependable and has started even on the cold days. If someone is looking for a reliable vehicle that you can literally just turn the key and drive, this is it.

Price is now reduced to $1850. Make me a reasonable offer!

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom