• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    This is a M16 Scow Sailboat. I have owned one for many years and just acquired this one in the NW suburbs of Chicago. My boat had a wooden mast. This boat came with 2 sets of sails. I am going to use the Aluminum mast shown in the picture on my boat. I am selling this boat with my wooden mast and 2 main sails.

This boat is wood construction, it is in very good condition but needs a bit of patching. The former owner raced it on weekends and it was stored in a garage when not in use. The former owner bought a much larger boat and this has not been in the water in several years. This boat was very well taken care of and is not some old beater. I brought it home 3 days ago and had to cover it up right away as we are getting a big early season snow today. The interior of the boat looks to be in great condition and I believe the patching is more about grinding away some old paint and then re caulking. One can see the spots from the outside of the hull as cracks in the paint. The wood mast and boom that I am including need to be reglued and varnished. I would estimate that the time to redo the mast to be about 10 hours and the hull about another 10. There does not appear to be any rot. The boat itself weighs about 500lbs and can be turned upside down easily to work on it.

Scows like this are great for shallow lakes. This is an M16 not the MC. This has 2 sails a jib and mainsail it is sloop rigged.

It has a title for the boat and trailer. Trailer has 12 inch wheels and the bearings never got above 60 degrees as measured by a non contact thermometer on the 2 hour trip home. I can take more pictures if someone is interested once the weather clears up. Price, asking $500. Willing to trade for firearms or Ammo but not really looking for anything specific. Located in Lake County near Lowell

Attachments

• M16 Scow.jpg
      M16 Scow.jpg
      143.4 KB · Views: 73
    Top Bottom