• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I'm selling my 1992 Range Rover Classic. When the SHTF (**** Hits The Fan), this is the ultimate BOV (Bug Out Vehicle) to haul your BOB's (Bug Out Bags) OTMADHTH (Off To Mommy And Daddy's House To Hide).

This beast has tons of potential! You can mount a bunch of gun racks, maybe mount a few rifles on the sides. Load it up with hidden handguns and hide a shotgun under the seat. It has a moonroof, which is perfect for standing up and shooting at the angry mob of zombies/thieves/deer.

It's pretty spacious, you could probably fit several BOB's (or maybe even "luggage") in the rear and still have room for the wife (or dog may be a better choice) and 3 kids even if they're all wearing bulletproof vests and are a little "chunky" to begin with.

It has power mirrors so you don't have to lower your windows and risk being bit by a rabid zombie. (The passenger side window doesn't even work, making it much safer). It has heated seats for your delicate tush. It has a radio with AM/FM/WB. The radio even has "Security" meaning that it beeps and flashes a red LED if someone tries to steal it. Thieves, beware!

The tires hold air and have decent tread. You'll probably want better ones if you plan on driving over human corpses while taking gunfire from the ATF/FBI. On the upside, the sheet metal is almost all aluminum, which I'm pretty sure is 100% bulletproof but IANAM (I Am Not A Metallurgist).

After some internet research, I have determined that the chassis electrical system was designed by Satan. This means that most of it doesn't work so well, but it also means that by repairing it you are fighting against the devil, kind of like Arnold was in "End of Days":

endofdays1.jpg

It is all-time 4 wheel drive, which works amazingly well. These don't tend to get stuck very often. You'd probably have to drive directly into Lake Michigan to stop this beast, and even then it probably floats (it only weighs 6000lb!). But if you're going to drive directly into Lake Michigan then don't buy my Rover because you're an idiot.

The engine purrs like a kitten! Well...it's a V8 so more like a Lion. A lion with emphysema maybe. I don't know, bad comparison really.

With some modifications you could climb mountains:

1992RangeRoverModified.jpg

Or you could ride in style like the pope:

autowp.ru_land_rover_range_rover_popemobile_1.jpg

Or you could just drive it as it is:

HPIM0957.jpg

HPIM0958.jpg

Specs:
    133k Miles
    3.2L V8 Engine
    All-time 4wd with High/Low
    Automatic Transmission
    ABS
    4-Door
    Approximately 15MPG

Good:
    Runs and drives beautifully as-is
    Climbs darn near anything
    Very little sheet metal rust due to the aluminum sheet metal
    Nice OEM Wheels
    Tires hold air, decent tread
    No leaks that I've noticed
    Brakes work well
    Previous owner had rear end rebuilt

Bad:

(Disclaimer: I bought this from a HillWilliam a month or so ago. He had a tendency to take things apart, rig them to just barely work, then leave everything dangling like a surprise party favor. I've been repairing everything I could as I got the time, but I haven't had much time.)

Interior is pretty dirty from the previous owner.
    Headliner was torn up by his pit-bull. Needs replaced.
    Wiper motor needs replaced (I will include a replacement part)
    Heater blower needs replaced (I will include a replacement part)
    Rear door handle needs replaced
    Ignition switch is giving intermittent problems (I will include a replacement part)
    Power seat switches need cleaned frequently to function
    Passenger side window does not lower
    Tailgate does not lower (but upper half opens fine). Not sure why.
    Rust on body. Frame is rusty but nothing very deep.
    Some of the plastic steering column housing is broken
    Gear shift lock stays locked. Only temporarily repaired to make it drivable.
    Speedometer stopped working suddenly last week.
    Fuel gauge may or may not work.
    Most of the dash warning lights are on (bad sensors)

Asking $1100 on Craigslist, but I'll take $1000 from my INGO home-boys. Also open to trades of darn near anything.

It's honestly a cool vehicle, it just needs some TLC. It would function awesome as a trail/hunting rig with little or no work. Or you could fix the little stuff and make it a pretty fun daily driver. Range Rovers are infamous for all these little electrical glitches, but from what I've read seem to have strong and long-running drivetrains and engines. Owners swear by them, and claim to have much better off-road performance than any stock Jeeps.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Disclaimer: I bought this from a HillWilliam a month or so ago. He had a tendency to take things apart, rig them to just barely work, then leave everything dangling like a surprise party favor

What a great ad! Almost spit my Dew out right there.

Since the wife appears set on trading in her Grand Cherokee I might be interested in this. Will have to review the funds once she gets her new Jeep..this wek I hope. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I wanted to add in the fact that it passed emissions last year with flying colors. I have the test paper.

Here's some of the requested pics:

IMG00106.jpg

IMG00107.jpg

IMG00108.jpg

IMG00109.jpg

IMG00111.jpg

IMG00112.jpg

IMG00113.jpg

IMG00114.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.