• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I purchased a leather holster from Optics Planet. When I received the holster I placed it on my hip but did not like how high it rode. I filled out the RMA form and said that I did not like how the holster fit. I them bought a Troy Alpha rail from Optics Planet. About 5 days later I received an email from Optics Planet saying that they received the item but it is damaged and that they would not issue a refund, and I needed to contact them to make payment arrangements for the holster to be returned or it would be discarded in 3 days.

I contacted the CS on 3/17 and explained that I never placed a gun in the holster. The CS rep said she would resubmit it for evaluation. Today, 3/26 I called for a status and CS said the item was damaged and that no refund could be given. The CS placed me on hold so I could speak to a manager. I was on hold for 25 minutes and then Christopher picked up. He explained that the item is damaged and no refund would be given. I again explained that I returned the item in the same condition that I received it in. He said that since I said "item did not fit" on the RMA form that it was interpreted as saying the gun did not fit. So basically he said I was lying. I told him that I could not believe that this is the type of customer service that they have.

I explained that I already made an additional purchase and that I would no longer buy from them and he said that was fine and that I need to make arrangements to have the item shipped back to me. So, if you purchase a holster from Optics Planet be sure to look inside the holster when you receive it and if you return it make sure you write a story as to why you are sending it back.

I'm pissed!

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    Is it just me , but why would you buy a holster from an optics place that youve never tried on or seen in person? I agree that the level of customer service was way less than it should have been. BUT I cant help but wonder why you put yourself in that spot to begin with?! I have ordered things from them and have had success with the goods Ive recieved, all optics or mounts.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I too have to say never buy a holster untried/unseen. Unless you have strapped one on and like it never.....ever buy like that.
    Now, as to the Bravo Sierra CS you received I too would be pissed.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Sorry to hear of your trouble. I have had positive experiences with optics planet on at least 6 transactions. I also tend to never buy holsters online unless I am familiar with the manufacturer and the model.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Have to agree with the OP that their customer service didn't handle this well. I know I'll hesitate to give them any business myself. Too many other places with good prices and good CS.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have bought several holsters sight unseen based upon pictures, others' advice and customer reviews. If my LGS had one in stock for me to try out first, I would have bought it off of them.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Is it just me , but why would you buy a holster from an optics place that youve never tried on or seen in person? I agree that the level of customer service was way less than it should have been. BUT I cant help but wonder why you put yourself in that spot to begin with?! I have ordered things from them and have had success with the goods Ive recieved, all optics or mounts.

I had seen the holster before just not the specific one for my gun. There for I did not take the time to open the package for a holster that I knew that I was not going to buy. I have bought other holster, ie Crossbread, without seeing them. In any case, poor customer service.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Exactly. Let optics planet prove otherwise.

From my experience when I worked for a computer company, the seller almost always looses in a dispute. The seller has to provide so much information. We were told that if some says they are going to dispute the charges then just give them a refund because due to the time and the dispute fees it just isn't worth it.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I bought a shoulder holster from Optics Planet online last year. When I got it in the mail I tried it on with my gun in the holster and I didn't like it so I filled out the return form and sent it back. They accepted the return and issued a refund without any hassle.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My father ordered a holster from Optics Planet. He showed me a picture online. When it arrived it was not the same product that was pictured. He has ordered some other stuff from them without incident. Overall I would rank them with other price oriented online retailers like Botach, CDNN, CTD.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I don't know. I kind of think we, as consumers, have a responsibility to do our homework before we buy. There's this expectation that the seller should just eat the cost because the consumer bought something that he ended up not liking. Would you have been ok with a restocking fee? Or with paying the shipping back and forth? If I were the buyer, why should the seller have to pay shipping to and from me because I didn't really know what I wanted, didn't do my homework, or just used the seller as a "try it and see" kind of thing? If it was packaged and opened, he has to deal with that, as well. Should the seller be expected to bear the costs?

I'm not in retail or sales or anything like that -- purely a consumer -- but I don't think it's fair for me to expect that from a retailer. I should at least have to cover the shipping, and in many cases, a restocking-type fee. It's MY fault I ordered something I'd never seen/tried and found out it I didn't like it. If there was a problem with *that specific item*, a manufacturing defect, etc, different story.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I don't know. I kind of think we, as consumers, have a responsibility to do our homework before we buy. There's this expectation that the seller should just eat the cost because the consumer bought something that he ended up not liking. Would you have been ok with a restocking fee? Or with paying the shipping back and forth? If I were the buyer, why should the seller have to pay shipping to and from me because I didn't really know what I wanted, didn't do my homework, or just used the seller as a "try it and see" kind of thing? If it was packaged and opened, he has to deal with that, as well. Should the seller be expected to bear the costs?

I'm not in retail or sales or anything like that -- purely a consumer -- but I don't think it's fair for me to expect that from a retailer. I should at least have to cover the shipping, and in many cases, a restocking-type fee. It's MY fault I ordered something I'd never seen/tried and found out it I didn't like it. If there was a problem with *that specific item*, a manufacturing defect, etc, different story.

I agree with you. I took the time to read the return policy before I purchased. I am fine with paying a restocking fee or shipping as I know what the fee was upfront. I have bought many of items online only to find that I either didn't need the item or didn't like the item and paid for the shipping. Most recently sent a couple of items back to Midway, paying for the shipping and accepting in store credit since I was outside the refund window.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I agree with you. I took the time to read the return policy before I purchased. I am fine with paying a restocking fee or shipping as I know what the fee was upfront. I have bought many of items online only to find that I either didn't need the item or didn't like the item and paid for the shipping. Most recently sent a couple of items back to Midway, paying for the shipping and accepting in store credit since I was outside the refund window.

:thumbsup: Cool. There's a chunk of the INGO population that, IMHO, is unreasonable about this "customer is always right" thing.

Top Bottom