• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nakatomi

Tactically Cool
    Rating - 98.7%
    76   1   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ordered an in-stock part from Brownells over a week ago, they still have't made any progress on shipping it other than printing the label.

If you check on your order, you get a webpage that apologizes for shipping delays "due to large order volume out of their control".

So, if you need something in a timely fashion, you might want to avoid these guys for now.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Man, I ordered(2 weeks ago) a Colt LE6920 Lower on Friday and had it by Tuesday. Sounds like a lot of people are panic-buying. Sometimes, we(gun owners) are our own worst enemies.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    Anybody ever backorder a firearm through Brownells? If so how did that go?

No comment on back order. But I pre ordered a 19x. They called me to verify address and such. I ask when it was going to ship and it was going to be 2 weeks after stores got them in stock.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    No comment on back order. But I pre ordered a 19x. They called me to verify address and such. I ask when it was going to ship and it was going to be 2 weeks after stores got them in stock.

Interesting. I went ahead and did a backorder as it was the best price I have seen on what I ordered, and I don't "need" it now or even if it falls through all together. I've only ordered ammo from Brownell's in the past, so we'll see how this goes. Brownell's doesn't charge until they ship, so they won't have any of my money tied up, so I can wait. I'll post back how this goes.

Last edited:

Split

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    Evansville
    I've done a few backorders through them recently, they've all worked out fine. Still waiting on several because I stopped worrying after the first few worked out. The last that came was an Aero lower, the only glitch was my buddy noticed it was back in stock and mine wasnt shipped yet, so I had to use their live chat feature. They rep fixed it right away and I got it yesterday.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've done a few backorders through them recently, they've all worked out fine. Still waiting on several because I stopped worrying after the first few worked out. The last that came was an Aero lower, the only glitch was my buddy noticed it was back in stock and mine wasnt shipped yet, so I had to use their live chat feature. They rep fixed it right away and I got it yesterday.

Good to know. They had a nice sale price going on something along with a coupon for 10% off on top of sale price and free shipping. We'll see how this goes.
    Their non sale prices, before coupon tend to be a bit high, but I've learned to watch their sales/promotion codes and you can really snag some nice deals from Brownells.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    ...midway overnights for like 20 dollars..... I've ordered at 5pm and had it on my porch by 9am. I've never had an instock item take more than 3 days even using free shipping. I understand panic buying, but midway has their shipping wrapped up tight, while brownells has to put warnings about extra processing time.

Top Bottom