Davidson Defense (Delta Team Tactical Utah)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    updated 4-Davidson Defense (Delta Team Tactical Utah)

[FONT=&amp]THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO BUT WARN OTHERS...AVOID THESE PEOPLE LIKE THE PLAGUE[/FONT][FONT=&amp].
    If you care to know why, read this too long of a post....or just trust me and go to another web seller...like Joebobs, Buds, Midway...anyone else but these guys.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    I left my updates to this in here before finishing this rant review...

I ordered a KAK Blade kit by placing this into my online cart- https://davidsondefense.com/ar-15-kak-blade-pistol-arm-stabilizer-brace-complete-pistol-tube-kit-batf-approved/

I also ordered a CMMG 9mm buffer... this link https://davidsondefense.com/kak-industries-ar-15-9mm-carbine-buffer/

I also ordered other parts separately, [/FONT]
    An upper with handguard, a 9mm Muzzle device and a Charging Handle.

[FONT=&amp]
    Both of these orders were made on 8/16/2018 hours apart.

Six days later I still had not received an email confirming my order of the Buffer and the Kak Kit. HERE IS MY POSSIBLE FAULT AND FAILURE IS... I maybe probably accidentally deleted the email...because if I had not I might have saw this.... what THEY SAY I actually ordered...

It took them 6 days to ship this order...[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Davidson Defense <tracking@shipstation.com>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Wed 8/22/2018, 7:21 AM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    Thank you for your order from Davidson Defense 2.0! We wanted to let you know that your order was shipped via USPS, USPS Priority Mail on 8/22/2018. You can track your package at any time using the link below.

This shipment includes the following items:

1- Kak Blade
    1- Rifle buffer kit
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp].. THIS ISNT WHAT I ORDERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got this email, I didnt read it. I just assumed it was right, because lets face it...who actually reads these, we all just skim them over...see the words..."SHIPPED" and say "COOL MY STUFF IS ON THE WAY!!!!!!"
    I get the package and there is no 9mm buffer and it has a rifle tube with the Kak Blade? Not even a full rifle kit because the rifle buffer isnt in their either...I look at the packing list and see its completely not what I ordered... I check my e-mail and sure enough what I didn't order was there in black and white ????

I call them up and the Sales Rep tells me I ordered the wrong kit. No I didn't. It's clearly listed as a KAK kit and why would I choose to order things that I dont want at a higher cost? What they sent me wasnt a Kit anyway...It was a bunch of parts.

the KAK kit and the 9mm buffer cost Order Total $76.98

What I was charged was Order Total $77.98

Now the Sales rep tells me since I have the Rifle kit, I have to send it back ON MY DIME...or keep it and pay $9 more for the right tube... and they were sorry the buffer was not in the Kit...
    He and I have a lengthy conversation about the Kak Blade, why I need it and he seems to understand what I am ordering has to go together..on the same firearm...
    Its only $9 so I agree. Then a few days later I get AN EMAIL....they are sending me a BLEM tube kit for $9 more...

I now also check the status of my other order...
    Its listed on the website as "on-hold" because the Charging Handle is on back order.
    I call again and tell them to drop the CH off the order and ship the rest. They tell me it will be done by the end of the day.

it took them 5 days to ship this FIXED order[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Mon 8/27/2018, 9:22 AM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp] item # 4139-2
    WHICH ON THEIR WEBSITE CLEARLY SAYS WILL NOT WORK WITH THE KAK BLADE
    I am now reading everything they send me. I immediately attempt to get a hold of them on the phone....but since their phone system just tells you they are all busy and cant answer the phone, I am forced to email them...
    I get this email back the next day...[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Customer Service <support@tacticalservices.freshdesk.com>[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Tue 8/28/2018, 3:22 PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Thank you for contacting us! We have received your inquiry, and a Customer Service Agent will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible. Due to a huge influx of customer inquiries, it could be 5-6 days. Please be patient with us, and we will get back with you as soon as possible. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Your ticket id number is 164828. Please keep this number for your records for future reference.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

I then get this...

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thu 8/30/2018, 9:41 AM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    Thank you for your order from Davidson Defense! We wanted to let you know that your order (#20030494-R) was shipped via USPS, USPS First Class Mail on 8/30/2018. You can track your package at any time using the link below.
    This shipment includes the following items:

1- A blem pistol tube
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Cool the Buffer is on the way!!

It has now taken them 8 days to ship this to me...

I look this tube up and see the website clearly says it doesnt work with the kak blade...and blem items cannot be returned.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]I now get this back from Customer Service on the wrong tube being sent AGAIN...[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Fri 8/31/2018, 1:17 PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Hey John,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sorry for the delayed response! We are working on catching up on emails right now. Also, sorry for the long email, I just want to make sure I understand.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]So I do see the last call you had and he sent out that replacement 9mm buffer. Here is the tracking, just in case you didn't get it:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]As far as the rest of the order, you ordered the KAK blade without the kit (4707) and this buffer tube kit 5201-5. You are correct that that buffer tube in this kit is for a carbine/adjust buttstock, so it does not work with the KAK blade:[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Here is where I get confused. What item can you not return?[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Also, just to clarify, 4134 is a pistol tube and will work with those KAK Blades but they are not the KAK Buffer Tubes. 4134 does not have any dimples in the tubes. Here are the links with the differences:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp](If you already know all of this info, I apologize. I just don't want there to be confusion)

They are basically telling me it will work with the Kak Blade, it just doesnt have dimples...

GUESS WHAT... I get the tube on the same day and NO IT DOESNT FIT... Just like their web store says in the notes...THE KAK BLADE DOESNT FIT ON THIS TUBE.

I again send an email stating I was correct the tube is too large. I give them their item number which states this in the description. I also give them the item number on their website that says it will work with the kak blade...

this is what I get back...

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Fri 8/31/2018, 1:24 PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]I thought I would send a separate email so it doesn't get confusing.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The best thing I can do for you is offer you a free ship code and you can order the pistol buffer tube that way. The only way you could get it cheaper would be to send it back to us on your dime and then I could give you in-store credit for that and you can reorder using the free ship code as well. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Here is that ship code, but let me know which would be best for you: FREESHIP123 [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]

They shipped me the wrong tube... TWICE... then tell me I have to BUY a new tube and ship the wrong tube back "on my dime" and they will happily ship the new tube for free...

Then I get a second email (since I sent another email complaining about being told to ship stuff back "on my dime")[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Tue 9/4/2018, 2:18 PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Hey John,[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I just left you a voicemail. You might've been working or on vacation still. Just wanted to let you know that we should be able to get your first order out, 20030319. I contacted the shipping manager about it. I know you had split off that charging handle and they cancelled it and credited your account.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]At this point, I would disregard the description and info for that pistol buffer tube. There is a lot of confusion as I am coming into this and I would be more than happy to send you a return label for that pistol buffer tube and refund you what you were charged as well. However, if we send you another pistol buffer tube or if you order one from us, it would not be the actual KAK Pistol Buffer Tube (that has dimples in it).[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I keep pointing that out because I feel like that is where the confusion is. However, let me know if I am wrong. Also, if there is a better time when I can call you, let me know as well. I just want to help you get what you ordered![/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Again, sorry for the confusion but thank you for being so patient with us, John!

So this tells me two things...
    1- Customer Service has no idea we already talked and figured out the tube is in fact the wrong size
    and
    2- THEY STILL HAVE NOT DONE A DARN THING WITH THAT UPPER ORDER WHERE I CANCLED THE CHARGING HANDLE... ITS BEEN 18 DAYS SINCE I PLACED THE ORDER AND 5 DAYS SINCE WE CORRECTED THE ORDER ON THE PHONE...[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]So Look at my Order status on the website... NOW THE MUZZLE DEVICE IS ON BACK ORDER TOO...
    I send another email... I tell them to DROP THE MUZZLE DEVICE AND PLEASE SHIP THE UPPER!

This is on 9-4-2018

I get No reply to this email at all... I guess they are done with me...LOL

12 days later I get the upper.... [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Sun 9/16/2018, 5:13 PM[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]We wanted to let you know that your order (#20030319) was delivered via USPS, according to the tracking information below:

This shipment included the following items:

1- Upper + Handguard set
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Now I just have to worry about the Muzzle device.

I then get this email...4 days later...[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Thu 9/20/2018, 9:05 AM[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]I apologize, it seems that the muzzle brake for your order is no longer available due to an inventory miscount. If you would like, I can cancel and refund your order for you.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

My reply was to please just cancel the order and refund my money.

I used the store credit I had with them and bought some cheap bullpoop that I figured they would have a ton of...cheap Chinese knock-off stuff... and I got exactly what I knew I was going to get...5 days later...cheap stuff you can buy on Ebay :rolleyes:

Do not trust this company.

1- The reason they do not offer inventory status on their web page is ....THEY HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY HAVE... You will not know how long it will take to get your stuff or even if they have your stuff for WEEKS AFTER YOU ORDER AND PAY FOR IT.

2- Their CS department doesn't keep accurate notes on their interactions with customers. This means you will have to tell the same story over and over...time and time again ... each call or email you have to send trying to get your money or proper item shipped.

3- It takes a week or more for them to do what they say they are going to do THAT SAME DAY. In two different conversations with CS, what they told me they were going to do was not done for a week. Major red flag!!!

4- They will not offer to compensate you for THEIR mistakes and THEIR FAILURES...why? Think about it. If a Company screws up so much, and they also compensated the customers, they would go broke. Companies that take PRIDE in their products and Services get it right the vast majority of times and if they do fail...THEY MAKE IT RIGHT BY COMPENSATING CUSTOMERS FOR THOSE FAILURES. Companies like JoeBobs, Midway, Buds... heck even, Primary Arms and PSA who are known for slow shipping and goofing up orders offers compensation to customers where their CS or Warehouse gets it wrong. I ordered a $300 upper from PSA and it came with the wrong barrel. I called their CS and guess what They shipped me free of charge a new barrel! They didn't even want the old one back...just keep it they said. They know they screw up from time to time, but they also value Customers, so they compensate customers when they fail them.

5- They have no way to monitor when things are not going as planned. My 3 item order went from..all items available and going to ship soon, to one item not available the entire order is held up...to now two items are not available..order is held up... to ok we will ship the one item we have, the other items will be shipped when we can...to oh we don't have those we didn't know that, we can't even get those anymore... The only way any of this was determined was because I pushed it. Without my constant calling and checking on my orders, nothing would have been done. Even after I did, stuff wasn't done.

This company isn't worth your time or effort. Do not waste your money here.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]

UPDATE#1- days later
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The Rep sent a receiver extension tube that is too large for a KAK Blade to fit on. Keep in mind the entire conversation with him was that the tube they sent me was not a tube the Kak Blade can fit on...
    Still no 9mm buffer... no word on when it will be shipped
    Still no word on the second set of items I ordered before I realized how unorganized this company was.

When I call CS, I get a recording that says they are experiencing high call volume please use the website or call back. then it hangs up on you. I used the website and got an email back saying someone would get back to me in 3-5 days.

UPDATE #2- days later
    The Customer Service rep said via an e-mail... we are sorry the new part doesn't work for you, just to pay to have it shipped back to us and then buy another item from us and we will toss in free shipping...
    How sweet of them to allow me to pay for the shipping of an Item I didn't want didn't need and was charged for after I was lied to as to what the item was... and then to offer me the privilege to buy more from them and have it shipped for free...

Knowing also that the order I placed prior to all this crazy stuff..STILL HAS NOT SHIPPED...

I asked them to just find out why my order has not shipped, solve that and ship it out to me.

update #3
    I got the 9mm buffer today. Its now like a month from the time I placed the first order.
    I still have no word on the rest of the stuff.

update #4 OVER 1 MONTH SINCE THE FIRST ORDER--
    Still not shipped, still no communication, now part of my order shows, OUT OF STOCK.
    This recent change tells me one of several things is going on.
    1- They take your money without knowing if they have the item you want.
    2- They then look to see where they can buy your item for cheap and make some money
    3- They will keep your money until they find a deal on your item
    4- If you buy multiple things, they will not ship the things they have, they will wait until they have all the items. They will not hold the items they have for your order, they will give them to someone else, even if it then makes your sale short that item...oh well you just got to wait longer and longer and longer... So far all three items on my order have shown out of stock then back in stock and they refuse to ship items separately.

I have even offered to pay extra shipping. They will only allow STORE CREDIT...THEY REFUSED TO GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.[/FONT]

Last edited:

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Just found this thread. I ordered an pistol upper kit from them the other day (10.5" 4150 bbl, 12" ff keymod handguard, flash can device, gas block, gas tube, upper, and upk.) This was all in a single package they were offering online. Total of $150. Hopefully they don't screw it up on me. Since it was one of their "kits" hopefully it's just a matter of putting my address on the box and shipping it to me. Fingers crossed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom