• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I picked up a US general 56 inch rolling cart last night from a store about 45 minutes away. I opened it today, and the lock doesn't release. I know it would be an easy fix if I could get the drawers out, but if it doesnt unlock, its hard to get the drawers out.

I called the store and explained.
    They informed me I bought the last one, so they cant replace it.
    I said no problem, when is your next shipment?
    They informed me that Harbor Freight doesn't let them know, so I ask if he ordered one how long will it take, and he said "I cant order, I just get what I get, it could be 2 days, it could be a year"

I ended up calling corporate, knowing no company worked like that. Corporate said the same thing.
    I said "you have them on your website in stock. How long will it take to get that to me, or to the store"?
    They said "you didn't buy through the website, so we cant send one to you or the store. Had you bought online, we could ship you a replacement.

Now Im getting pissed, and said "well what is the solution here" She said I had to wait until the store I bought from got one in stock to replace mine. I ask when that will be, and she said no one would know the answer to that. It could be 2 days, it could be a year, it just depends on where they are on the schedule to get one.

I called the store and said "how do we fix this?"
    He said "the only way the system will allow him to hold me one, is if they owe me one. They don't owe me one until I bring my broken one back. I needed to drop off the broken on, and wait up to a year for him to get a replacement."

Taking the box back for a refund is not an option either.

I dont want to make 2 1.5 hour drives (round trip) to do the exchange. I want to bring the broken one back when I can pick up a new one. I honestly dont think Im asking to much, I know my customers ask a lot more, and I happily deliver a lot more. I dont even under stand how its possible for a company in todays day and age to treat customers like this.

Today was the first chargeback Ive ever done in my entire life.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I picked up a US general 56 inch rolling cart last night from a store about 45 minutes away. I opened it today, and the lock doesn't release. I know it would be an easy fix if I could get the drawers out, but if it doesnt unlock, its hard to get the drawers out.

I called the store and explained.
    They informed me I bought the last one, so they cant replace it.
    I said no problem, when is your next shipment?
    They informed me that Harbor Freight doesn't let them know, so I ask if he ordered one how long will it take, and he said "I cant order, I just get what I get, it could be 2 days, it could be a year"

I ended up calling corporate, knowing no company worked like that. Corporate said the same thing.
    I said "you have them on your website in stock. How long will it take to get that to me, or to the store"?
    They said "you didn't buy through the website, so we cant send one to you or the store. Had you bought online, we could ship you a replacement.

Now Im getting pissed, and said "well what is the solution here" She said I had to wait until the store I bought from got one in stock to replace mine. I ask when that will be, and she said no one would know the answer to that. It could be 2 days, it could be a year, it just depends on where they are on the schedule to get one.

I called the store and said "how do we fix this?"
    He said "the only way the system will allow him to hold me one, is if they owe me one. They don't owe me one until I bring my broken one back. I needed to drop off the broken on, and wait up to a year for him to get a replacement."

Taking the box back for a refund is not an option either.

I dont want to make 2 1.5 hour drives (round trip) to do the exchange. I want to bring the broken one back when I can pick up a new one. I honestly dont think Im asking to much, I know my customers ask a lot more, and I happily deliver a lot more. I dont even under stand how its possible for a company in todays day and age to treat customers like this.

Today was the first chargeback Ive ever done in my entire life.
    I worked alot of years in retail and that has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a company. I wouldn't feel bad about initiating a chargeback.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I worked alot of years in retail and that has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a company. I wouldn't feel bad about initiating a chargeback.

I still work and retail, and I can tell you for a fact, if I acted like that, I'd be wearing a walmart vest right now.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I’ve had the same experience. Got an email, drove straight there. They didn’t have any in stock. Unable to tell me when they’d be in stock. They said sometimes things are out of stock for days or months, they have no way of finding out.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    262   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I’ve had the same experience. Got an email, drove straight there. They didn’t have any in stock. Unable to tell me when they’d be in stock. They said sometimes things are out of stock for days or months, they have no way of finding out.
    You would think that somewhere in their corporate ladder that someone would have mentioned how horrible that business practice is and would want to change that. How can a company that size have such horrible inventory control/management and still be in business? My guess is because of the low prices.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You would think that somewhere in their corporate ladder that someone would have mentioned how horrible that business practice is and would want to change that. How can a company that size have such horrible inventory control/management and still be in business? My guess is because of the low prices.

Follow the money. Pricing is all that matters on the front side. Then folks have these problems with no recourse.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I find it difficult to believe that a store doesn't know what they are going to be receiving and when. I find it more believable that it's their policy to not let customers know jack squat.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    You said you called corporate but the real corporate is in China?

Are we talking about those tool cabinets that come in cool colors?

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    Do they do ship to store?

Order a new one online and get it shipped to store, go to pick it up, return it without leaving and then stroll in with your broken one and exchange it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Do they do ship to store?

Order a new one online and get it shipped to store, go to pick it up, return it without leaving and then stroll in with your broken one and exchange it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do ship when ordered online, but they will not ship to the store. The only way they will ship is if its to my house, and I pay 200 bucks in shipping.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Here's an old trick to get around this BS. Order another one online and have it shipped to your house (same model, same color). When it arrives, keep it (assuming it isn't busted like the one you have now), put the busted one in the box and return it via whatever procedures HF has for a refund of an online purchase. These things aren't serial numbered after all, are they?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I can't believe they can sell them as cheap as they do. Hf has always been this way though. Big Stuff comes from China ships space available as cheap as possible, then mothership distributes based on volume and need. They don't make money on the boxes, they make it on everything you buy to fill it up.

Top Bottom