Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Grandmaster 42769vette's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    -5000 harbor frieght

    I picked up a US general 56 inch rolling cart last night from a store about 45 minutes away. I opened it today, and the lock doesn't release. I know it would be an easy fix if I could get the drawers out, but if it doesnt unlock, its hard to get the drawers out.

    I called the store and explained.
    They informed me I bought the last one, so they cant replace it.
    I said no problem, when is your next shipment?
    They informed me that Harbor Freight doesn't let them know, so I ask if he ordered one how long will it take, and he said "I cant order, I just get what I get, it could be 2 days, it could be a year"

    I ended up calling corporate, knowing no company worked like that. Corporate said the same thing.
    I said "you have them on your website in stock. How long will it take to get that to me, or to the store"?
    They said "you didn't buy through the website, so we cant send one to you or the store. Had you bought online, we could ship you a replacement.

    Now Im getting pissed, and said "well what is the solution here" She said I had to wait until the store I bought from got one in stock to replace mine. I ask when that will be, and she said no one would know the answer to that. It could be 2 days, it could be a year, it just depends on where they are on the schedule to get one.

    I called the store and said "how do we fix this?"
    He said "the only way the system will allow him to hold me one, is if they owe me one. They don't owe me one until I bring my broken one back. I needed to drop off the broken on, and wait up to a year for him to get a replacement."

    Taking the box back for a refund is not an option either.

    I dont want to make 2 1.5 hour drives (round trip) to do the exchange. I want to bring the broken one back when I can pick up a new one. I honestly dont think Im asking to much, I know my customers ask a lot more, and I happily deliver a lot more. I dont even under stand how its possible for a company in todays day and age to treat customers like this.

    Today was the first chargeback Ive ever done in my entire life.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

    owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

    full line vortex dealer

    contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

  2. #2
    Cannon Whisperer T-DOGG's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette View Post
    I picked up a US general 56 inch rolling cart last night from a store about 45 minutes away. I opened it today, and the lock doesn't release. I know it would be an easy fix if I could get the drawers out, but if it doesnt unlock, its hard to get the drawers out.

    I called the store and explained.
    They informed me I bought the last one, so they cant replace it.
    I said no problem, when is your next shipment?
    They informed me that Harbor Freight doesn't let them know, so I ask if he ordered one how long will it take, and he said "I cant order, I just get what I get, it could be 2 days, it could be a year"

    I ended up calling corporate, knowing no company worked like that. Corporate said the same thing.
    I said "you have them on your website in stock. How long will it take to get that to me, or to the store"?
    They said "you didn't buy through the website, so we cant send one to you or the store. Had you bought online, we could ship you a replacement.

    Now Im getting pissed, and said "well what is the solution here" She said I had to wait until the store I bought from got one in stock to replace mine. I ask when that will be, and she said no one would know the answer to that. It could be 2 days, it could be a year, it just depends on where they are on the schedule to get one.

    I called the store and said "how do we fix this?"
    He said "the only way the system will allow him to hold me one, is if they owe me one. They don't owe me one until I bring my broken one back. I needed to drop off the broken on, and wait up to a year for him to get a replacement."

    Taking the box back for a refund is not an option either.

    I dont want to make 2 1.5 hour drives (round trip) to do the exchange. I want to bring the broken one back when I can pick up a new one. I honestly dont think Im asking to much, I know my customers ask a lot more, and I happily deliver a lot more. I dont even under stand how its possible for a company in todays day and age to treat customers like this.

    Today was the first chargeback Ive ever done in my entire life.
    I worked alot of years in retail and that has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a company. I wouldn't feel bad about initiating a chargeback.

  3. #3
    Grandmaster 42769vette's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    I worked alot of years in retail and that has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard from a company. I wouldn't feel bad about initiating a chargeback.
    I still work and retail, and I can tell you for a fact, if I acted like that, I'd be wearing a walmart vest right now.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

    owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

    full line vortex dealer

    contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

  4. #4
    Master Bapak2ja's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    If you paid by credit card, call them. Report it all. They will hold back the payment.
    “A man's got to do what a man's got to do.” John Wayne

  5. #5
    Grandmaster 42769vette's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bapak2ja View Post
    If you paid by credit card, call them. Report it all. They will hold back the payment.
    Already done
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

    owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

    full line vortex dealer

    contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

  6. #6
    Expert

    User Info Menu

    That’s just not good bidness..

  7. #7
    Premium Case Lube
    BadBrassSauce.com's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I’ve had the same experience. Got an email, drove straight there. They didn’t have any in stock. Unable to tell me when they’d be in stock. They said sometimes things are out of stock for days or months, they have no way of finding out.
    Premium case lube made in Fishers, Indiana.
    Now offering annealing services.
    www.Facebook.com/BadBrassSauce
    www.BadBrassSauce.com

  8. #8
    Cannon Whisperer T-DOGG's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BadBrassSauce.com View Post
    I’ve had the same experience. Got an email, drove straight there. They didn’t have any in stock. Unable to tell me when they’d be in stock. They said sometimes things are out of stock for days or months, they have no way of finding out.
    You would think that somewhere in their corporate ladder that someone would have mentioned how horrible that business practice is and would want to change that. How can a company that size have such horrible inventory control/management and still be in business? My guess is because of the low prices.

  9. #9
    I still care....Really
    churchmouse's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by T-DOGG View Post
    You would think that somewhere in their corporate ladder that someone would have mentioned how horrible that business practice is and would want to change that. How can a company that size have such horrible inventory control/management and still be in business? My guess is because of the low prices.
    Follow the money. Pricing is all that matters on the front side. Then folks have these problems with no recourse.
    AKA..Thor. Odin son. God of thunder.
    But you can call me John.....Force.

    Forum Rules

    Classified Rules

    FAQ

    http://ingunowners.com/forums/handgu...e-posting.html

  10. #10
    Master Benp's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I find it difficult to believe that a store doesn't know what they are going to be receiving and when. I find it more believable that it's their policy to not let customers know jack squat.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge