• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I bought a complete 9mm pistol upper (they call it a Havoc) from Karri’s Guns to complete an AR pistol project. Yesterday I went to put the upper on the lower and found the handguard to be loose. The handguard clamps to the barrel nut via two screws on a clamp tab at the 6 o’clock position on the handguard. Neither screw was tightened at all, and were about two full threads away from being even hand tight. No big deal, I can turn screws, which I did. Then I discover the barrel nut is also loose, like barely hand-tight loose. I removed the handguard and barrel nut and decided to check the muzzle device. Surprise surprise, it was also only hand fitted. I might as well have ordered the parts separately to build it myself since I had to completely disassemble, torque, and reassemble. Once it was built, it ran like a champ, but I’m kinda annoyed that I had to build it.
    I emailed Karri’s and told them of the issue basically because I figured they’d want to know. They replied and thanked me for my email.
    I can’t say I’m completely satisfied, but not dissatisfied either. Had I not possessed the tools and knowledge to build an upper, it could have been a different story.

Top Bottom