• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I recently ordered some AK Magpul mags from MidwayUSA.

They shipped from Midway on August 17, arrived Lafayette on August 19 for delivery to WLAF on the 20th.

THEN two days of no word, and NOW my package shows up in Portland, OR.

It appears the move was made after the USPS received the package, so not UPS fault.

I am intrigued by the lack of efficiency...

This isn't my first glitch with Midway. :xmad:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Seriously how is this Midways fault. Once it leaves their doors it is in the hands of the shipping contractor.
    I have experienced this as well. Its the contractor passing the package off to the fracking morons at USPS.

This is not on Midway.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That’s a UPS / USPS screw up.
    I had the same thing happen before, not via Midway.
    Package tracking says it is in transit and will arrive tomorrow, never shows up then days later says last known location was across the country.

Contact Midway customer service and tell them to track it and ask for a replacement.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Contacted Midway already. I'll see what they say.

Yes, it's on the USPS but seems to happen on the combined UPS/USPS combo delivery that Midway offers. I suppose I should have learned my lesson by now and request UPS all the way.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    I've had this happen, too, although USPS sent the package to another Indiana location, not across the country to war-torn Multnomah County, OR. :):

Keep in mind this hybrid shipping model, UPS or FedEx to the post office, then the "last mile" being USPS, helps keep costs down, and allows for promotions like Midway's periodic free shipping deals.

Totally not on Midway.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Hmm, weird. My experience with Midway has been 100% over the years, and during the CV-19 timeframe, they've been consistently the fastest shipper (getting it out the door) in my limited experience.
    Prices aren't always the cheapest, but I've never had an issue with their service.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I had a package delivered & left @ my backdoor by UPS back around christmas. Mind you my back yard is fenced in, but you have to lift the heavy fence panel to get to the back door. I can guarantee UPS never delivered the package to my back door, but I lost out on a $100(3 games for the kids)!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, its not Midway's issue. Its our beloved USPS. Could have happened to anyone who uses USPS as part of the solution.

My orders using Mail Innovations with Midway take a week when for a few dollars more, UPS will deliver in a day. The last MI order (it was free shipping) was driven THROUGH Indianapolis en route to Columbus, OH, and then returned to Indy for delivery 2 days later. SMH.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I ordered a gas block from them for a build I was working on. I needed it by the weekend so I upgraded the freight from free to $12-15 to get it in time. The handoff got jacked up from UPS to USPS and the part didn’t arrive in time. I reached out to Midway USA customer service via email form. A couple days later I got a response apologizing for the delay. Short and sweet reply that seemed like a template message.

I realized that we are in challenging times right now so I just brushed off the added freight cost. Then about five days later I received a personal letter apologizing for the delay and letting me know my shipping money would be refunded. That wasn’t expected but was a pleasant surprise.

Larry runs a great company

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I ordered a gas block from them for a build I was working on. I needed it by the weekend so I upgraded the freight from free to $12-15 to get it in time. The handoff got jacked up from UPS to USPS and the part didn’t arrive in time. I reached out to Midway USA customer service via email form. A couple days later I got a response apologizing for the delay. Short and sweet reply that seemed like a template message.

I realized that we are in challenging times right now so I just brushed off the added freight cost. Then about five days later I received a personal letter apologizing for the delay and letting me know my shipping money would be refunded. That wasn’t expected but was a pleasant surprise.

Larry runs a great company

You used to be able to order from Midway on a Thursday and sometimes Friday and get it by Saturday. I guess thats 'old school' thinking...

Now, you order that same Thursday or Friday, it ships, goes to UPS Innovations (IIRC) all the way to Ohio, then gets on the USPS truck and hopefully gets to you by the following Saturday.

But, we're saving $ in shipping costs so we can keep your prices low.

Right. :n00b:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You used to be able to order from Midway on a Thursday and sometimes Friday and get it by Saturday. I guess thats 'old school' thinking...

Now, you order that same Thursday or Friday, it ships, goes to UPS Innovations (IIRC) all the way to Ohio, then gets on the USPS truck and hopefully gets to you by the following Saturday.

But, we're saving $ in shipping costs so we can keep your prices low.

Right. :n00b:

Low prices has nothing to do with shipping. It is what you are willing to pay to get it to you.

Want free shipping? You get slow boat to china speed because if its on their dime, lowest bidder gets the box.
    Want it quick? Pay extra for the speed. Whether its $6 for ground or $30 because you need it tomorrow afternoon guaranteed. What you pay dictates the speed.

Haven and I literally ordered stuff on the same Sunday. He ordered ammo on top of his purchase because he knew it was guaranteed to ship UPS. I chose free shipping. (MI/USPS) Both boxes shipped on Monday. His arrived via the man in brown on tuesday, mine was punted from the curb onto my doorstep by a rude, lazy, entitled mailman on Saturday. (OK, so maybe that last part was a bit of an exaggeration...)

And honestly I think MI/USPS is the problem. I have stuff shipped first class or priority from various people (ebay, etc) and it takes 3-4 days typically from the time I order. I cant think of any pure USPS shipments that have taken that long except media mail.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Last I knew both MidwayUSA and Brownells use one convoluted form or another of Surepost to save a few pennies on many if not most orders.

Neither get much of my business anymore.

Sent a 17# parcel to TN this week and had to rub my eyes a couple of times just to be sure I actually read the UPS quote as $12 less than USPS.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Low prices has nothing to do with shipping. It is what you are willing to pay to get it to you.

Want free shipping? You get slow boat to china speed because if its on their dime, lowest bidder gets the box.
    Want it quick? Pay extra for the speed. Whether its $6 for ground or $30 because you need it tomorrow afternoon guaranteed. What you pay dictates the speed.

Haven and I literally ordered stuff on the same Sunday. He ordered ammo on top of his purchase because he knew it was guaranteed to ship UPS. I chose free shipping. (MI/USPS) Both boxes shipped on Monday. His arrived via the man in brown on tuesday, mine was punted from the curb onto my doorstep by a rude, lazy, entitled mailman on Saturday. (OK, so maybe that last part was a bit of an exaggeration...)

And honestly I think MI/USPS is the problem. I have stuff shipped first class or priority from various people (ebay, etc) and it takes 3-4 days typically from the time I order. I cant think of any pure USPS shipments that have taken that long except media mail.

I order a lot of parts from Jegs performance. If I get my order in by 5:00 the parts are on my step the next afternoon. We are talking 50 pound packages with car parts in them. If not the next day they are there in 48 hours so WTAF is a 6oz. package taking 7 to 10 days.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I order a lot of parts from Jegs performance. If I get my order in by 5:00 the parts are on my step the next afternoon. We are talking 50 pound packages with car parts in them. If not the next day they are there in 48 hours so WTAF is a 6oz. package taking 7 to 10 days.

And dont get me started on bogus rules. I forget which, I think its priority mail. It must be at least 1/2" thick. I cant tell you how many thin items I have received that included a 1/2" foam cube to make it ship correctly.

Top Bottom