Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

User Info Menu

Vortex FFP offerings?

I can't find on the Vortex website how to search by feature?
    Anyone know what First Focal Plane offerings Vortex has?

My ideal:
    FFP
    1-6ish variable mag.
    Reticle design for quick acquisition with BDC markings also.
    Basically I'm looking for Vortex's similar product for Primary Arms slx6 1-6x24 ffp illuminated acss-raptor 5.56 Its reticle:
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

FFP in a 1-6?

Seems...unnecessary.

Even the Razor 1-6 is SFP.
    "'Gun guys' can find a way to get butthurt about just about anything."

User Info Menu

The lowest power ffp we make is 2-10. Like AV said FFP in a 1-6 would be kind of pointless because if your shooting long enough range to need to holdover, you would be on your max zoom where the advantages of ffp are negated.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 42769vette View Post
    The lowest power ffp we make is 2-10. Like AV said FFP in a 1-6 would be kind of pointless because if your shooting long enough range to need to holdover, you would be on your max zoom where the advantages of ffp are negated.
    That makes good sense. My original logic, which I'm now rethinking, was based on the other end of the magnification range. For close up work the lowest setting allowed your brain to see a single red dot and less clutter.
    I've only ever used irons, simple low magnification crosshair, and red dot though, so my "logic" is based on zero experience and internet info in regards to scopes of this nature. Thanks for the input, I'll keep researching.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

If you would like to come out sometime I have both bushnell 1-6.5 ffp's, and plenty of 1-6 sfp's in stock.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

full line vortex dealer

User Info Menu

If you would like to come out sometime I have both bushnell 1-6.5 ffp's, and plenty of 1-6 sfp's in stock.
    That's my plan but I have to wait until after my taxes get processed. I need to know how bad the damage is going to be on that front before fitting anything gun related in the budget.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    That's my plan but I have to wait until after my taxes get processed. I need to know how bad the damage is going to be on that front before fitting anything gun related in the budget.
    Do this, trust me. You'll be well taken care of. I'm pretty happy with my Bushnell from AA!
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

User Info Menu

Sorry for the delay, I'm still doing shows, but almost done.

I think the bushnell I have I sell for 650, but i won't know until I'm home.

Roughnek, if you remember what you paid, would you mind posting? The price hasn't changed, since you bought, but I dont have my paperwork out here.

full line vortex dealer

User Info Menu

Sorry for the delay, I'm still doing shows, but almost done.

I think the bushnell I have I sell for 650, but i won't know until I'm home.

Roughnek, if you remember what you paid, would you mind posting? The price hasn't changed, since you bought, but I dont have my paperwork out here.
    For some reason I can't look up the statement of the card I used. I do remember that I paid just a bit over $700 for the Bushnell 1-6.5 FFP, Vortex mount ($89), and tax/CC fee. For what I paid vs. what I got, I have zero complaints.
    Last edited by Ruffnek; 02-11-2019 at 11:08.
    Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Proverbs 18:2

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffnek View Post
    For some reason I can't look up the statement of the card I used. I do remember that I paid just a bit over $700 for the Bushnell 1-6.5 FFP, Vortex mount ($89), and tax/CC fee. For what I paid vs. what I got, I have zero complaints.
    Thanks. It was probably

Scope 600
    Mount 89
    Tax 48.23

Total=737.23

full line vortex dealer

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast