Thread: New Vortex Razor 1-10

User Info Menu

New Vortex Razor 1-10

We are now accepting pre order's for the new Razor 1-10 with BDC, or MRAD reticles. ETA is April.

https://aaoptics.com/
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

owner/ operator of www.aaoptics.com

full line vortex dealer

contact me at alan@aaoptics.com

Premium Case Lube

User Info Menu

So excited to hold one and whisper sweet nothings into its ear...
    SELL US ALL YOUR UNUSED GEAR AND JUNK

We buy: Collections, optics, holsters, reloading, factory parts, knives, lights, binos, hunting gear, cases, magazines, ammo, ANYTHING you want to sell. PM for details.

Plinker

User Info Menu

i have used the sparc, strickfire 2 and the sparc ar no complaints except battery life on the sparc and strickfire have not had much of a chance to test the battery life on the on  the sparc ar .... most of what i have heard on the 1-6 and the 1-8 razor has NOT been great.. have you had a chance to check out the 1-10 and what is the price?? i did talk to someone at vortex and he said a group in the military had been using it..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Billythekid View Post
    i have used the sparc, strickfire 2 and the sparc ar no complaints except battery life on the sparc and strickfire have not had much of a chance to test the battery life on the on  the sparc ar .... most of what i have heard on the 1-6 and the 1-8 razor has NOT been great.. have you had a chance to check out the 1-10 and what is the price?? i did talk to someone at vortex and he said a group in the military had been using it..
    I have briefly messed with it but not throughly.

There is no razor 1-8.

What have you heard bad about the razor 1-6? I've sold thousands, and never heard a complaint. It's pretty rare to even find one on the net where folks complain about everything.
    "You don't have to spend a fortune to play the game, but you do have to spend your money wisely"

full line vortex dealer

Plinker

User Info Menu

correction on my part it is the Strike eagle not the razor they look similar again i got the two confused... what is the price on the razor 1-10??
    Sorry!!!

User Info Menu

Thereís a big difference in cost between the two. The Razor is about five-six times the cost of the StrikeEagle.
    The StrikeEagle is a lower cost, not cheap, scope and comes with a low price point for what you get. I picked up a 1-6 when they first came out as I didnít want to drop big$ as I wasnít sure of what I Ďneededí or how much Iíd really use it. The StrikeEagle has worked great from CQB to hits at 600 yards using the BDC.
    Fast forward a couple of years and I picked up the Razor 1-6. Glass is better and I wanted a finer/different reticule this time. It was worth the extra $ to me as I got a refurbished one from A&A Optics and basically paid half price. The glass clarity and thinner/finer reticule allows me a more precise target picture which is what I was after. Iíve yet to take the Razor out past 400 yards but it does provide a more clear, crisp view. The damn thing is HEAVY though at 2LBís but feels like a tank (not that I thought the SE was wimpy but this is worth mentioning). The zoom lever is also stiffer to adjust on mine.
    In your OP you were talking about 1-6, 1-8 and 1-10 magnification. Iíd say determine what you need first. Remember thereís always a trade off somewhere whether itís weight,cost, size, clarity, durability.....
    My choice/decision was based on wanting a LPVO.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Billythekid View Post
    correction on my part it is the Strike eagle not the razor they look similar again i got the two confused... what is the price on the razor 1-10??
    Sorry!!!
    Thank makes sense. You do hear complaints about the strike eagle, most of the complaint's are "I like my razor/VX6/Trijicon a lot better" Honestly my answer to these complaint's is "NO ____, your comparing a 300 dollar option to a 1400 dollar option".

The new Razor will start leaving Vortex in April, and will run 2k. As always, we will be the first in the US to get inventory, so if interested place your pre order here.

https://aaoptics.com/RAZOR%C2%AE-HD-...MOA_p_705.html

https://aaoptics.com/RAZOR%C2%AE-HD-...RAD_p_706.html

full line vortex dealer