Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 56
  1. #41
    The afternoon slot is showing available, but the afternoon youth slots are sold out. The adult afternoon tickets are right below the youth ones.

    What browser and operating system are you using?
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

  2. #42
    Grandmaster gregkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    5,369
    Quote Originally Posted by 308jake View Post
    The afternoon slot is showing available, but the afternoon youth slots are sold out. The adult afternoon tickets are right below the youth ones.

    What browser and operating system are you using?
    Chrome
    Easy choices, hard life.
    Hard choices, easy life.

  3. #43
    Grandmaster gregkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    5,369
    Just snagged the next to the last spot! Thanks all! Looking forward to this.

    I'll probably work from low ready. 31 meters is a long way for me to shoot.

    I do have a question on rounds per "stage". I have a single stack 9mm(SA RO). Will I be changing mags during a string? I assume it's fast enough that I wouldn't have time.

    Do I need to come up with something different to shoot? If I do, I won't have many rounds by the time the event comes.
    Last edited by gregkl; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:25.
    Easy choices, hard life.
    Hard choices, easy life.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Just snagged the next to the last spot! Thanks all! Looking forward to this.

    I'll probably work from low ready. 31 meters is a long way for me to shoot.

    I do have a question on rounds per "stage". I have a single stack 9mm(SA RO). Will I be changing mags during a string? I assume it's fast enough that I wouldn't have time.

    Do I need to come up with something different to shoot? If I do, I won't have many rounds by the time the event comes.
    Greg

    On most stages, a mag change will be required even if using high capacity mags. If I were you, I'd just stock up on some more mags and a mag loading tool. It would be wise to have at least 5-6, but more is always better. We are Americans after all.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

  5. #45
    Grandmaster gregkl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Bloomington
    Posts
    5,369
    Quote Originally Posted by 308jake View Post
    Greg

    On most stages, a mag change will be required even if using high capacity mags. If I were you, I'd just stock up on some more mags and a mag loading tool. It would be wise to have at least 5-6, but more is always better. We are Americans after all.
    Thanks. I have (5) 10-rounders and (2) 9-rounders. I have a loading tool, though the single stacks aren't as hard on my digits as the double stack mags are.

    I will start practicing mag changes! lol.
    Easy choices, hard life.
    Hard choices, easy life.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Thanks. I have (5) 10-rounders and (2) 9-rounders. I have a loading tool, though the single stacks aren't as hard on my digits as the double stack mags are.

    I will start practicing mag changes! lol.

    Theres a small table next to each lane that you can lay mags on if you don't want to buy a mag carrier. I used my pockets last time so that I could practice how I normally carry.

    There are 8 slots left and the deadline to register is 9/22.
    Last edited by 308jake; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:25.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

  7. #47
    Plinker
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Zionsville, IN
    Posts
    222
    Quote Originally Posted by 308jake View Post
    Theres a small table next to each lane that you can lay mags on if you don't want to buy a mag carrier. I used my pockets last time so that I could practice how I normally carry.

    There are 8 slots left and the deadline to register is 9/22.
    6 spots remaining with just over a week left to get registered.

    You guys know you want to go to this event! Let's sell it out!

    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    webmaster@reveresriders.org
    Master Rifleman (48/50)

    Pay It Forward Now
    pifn.org
    webmaster@pifn.org

  8. #48
    Marksman TheJoker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Shelby County
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Just snagged the next to the last spot! Thanks all! Looking forward to this.

    I'll probably work from low ready. 31 meters is a long way for me to shoot.

    I do have a question on rounds per "stage". I have a single stack 9mm(SA RO). Will I be changing mags during a string? I assume it's fast enough that I wouldn't have time.

    Do I need to come up with something different to shoot? If I do, I won't have many rounds by the time the event comes.
    Piece of cake!

    I used my single stack Model 39-2 at the last event. Once I slowed down and made my "hits count", I could get through a stage with only a couple mag changes. On the 30th, Kathy will be shooting her 3913 Lady Smith and I will again be shooting my 39-2. We both have 5 magazines.

    Remember what Jeff Cooper said: "...high capacity magazines are only an advantage if you plan to miss a lot".
    Last edited by TheJoker; 1 Week Ago at 13:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

  9. #49
    One week to register and only 4 afternoon spots remain.

    Edit: Only 2 left.
    Last edited by 308jake; 1 Week Ago at 21:49.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

  10. #50
    2 morning spots just opened and there's one afternoon spot left.

    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •