• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club in Nashville, IN, will host a Revere's Marksmen Basic Rifle event on December 5th and 6th. Good for first-timers and experienced shooters alike attendees will learn the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and hear the history of how the Revolutionary War began. Shooters will practice field shooting positions (prone, seated/kneeling and standing), the 5 steps to firing each shot and Natural Point Of Aim (NPOA) among many other valuable skills that will improve everyone's marksmanship.

This is still several months out so put it on your calendar and slowly acquire ammo so you can enjoy the weekend with us.

More information on Revere's Marksmen and how to sign up can be found at www.hitscount.org/

C ya,

brian

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Curious question Brian. Why not Appleseed? I recall you got your hat at my shoot at HHRP a couple months ago. Also I was looking forward to seeing you and the others again in July down there, but the Nashville Appleseed was recently cancelled due to "instructor scheduling conflicts" . Are you and Dave (and the others) still affiliated with Appleseed?

Just seems curious that everything described is Appleseed, but under a different name/organization. Couple that with a cancelled event and my curiosity is raised even more. If you would rather not discuss in open forum, thats fine.

No matter the reasoning, good luck. We cant have too many out there preaching liberty, and teaching history and marksmanship.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    AND WHY Dec. ????? It will be COLD !!!!!

HAD ENOUGH of that, in the USMC, and US ARMY ......

I want sunny, warm, and NOT to breezy .....

JMHO, YMMV .....

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Curious question Brian. Why not Appleseed? I recall you got your hat at my shoot at HHRP a couple months ago. Also I was looking forward to seeing you and the others again in July down there, but the Nashville Appleseed was recently cancelled due to "instructor scheduling conflicts" . Are you and Dave (and the others) still affiliated with Appleseed?

Just seems curious that everything described is Appleseed, but under a different name/organization. Couple that with a cancelled event and my curiosity is raised even more. If you would rather not discuss in open forum, thats fine.

No matter the reasoning, good luck. We cant have too many out there preaching liberty, and teaching history and marksmanship.
    The simplest explanation is that due to irreconcilable differences between the local volunteers and the national RWVA leadership, a good portion of the Indiana Appleseed Instructors have been deactivated. That's the bad news.

The good news is that we all still believe in the mission, and fortunately have found a new vehicle to help us move the mission forward.

So, if you've ever attended an Appleseed event in Indiana, you'll probably see some familiar faces at a Revere's Riders event. The basic rifle marksmanship training may also seem familiar. That's where the similarity ends. Revere's Riders is going to be adding NRA instructional programs in multiple disciplines. The future indeed looks bright.

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington

JMHO, YMMV .....

HA! It's not that cold in December. February is when it really gets dicey. Even the bullets move slower in February....

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington

Pretty much what TJ said. Indiana is left with a skeleton crew and when you don't have enough workers to run a shoot safely the shoot gets cancelled.

Look for a wider variety of events coming from Revere's Riders and Revere's Marksmen as the organization matures.

C ya,

brian

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    Sorry to hear this about Appleseed. I really enjoyed it and I am planning on attending a shoot here in a few months along with my cousin again. However I hope I don't sign up for one and then it is cancelled. I really liked the training. And the event was great overall. How will these Reveres Riders shoots be handled and what kind of cost are we looking at? I know it is the training that matters but getting recognition for good scores is nice. I just would really like to know how it all will work and cost. I don't understand how your membership stuff works either. I guess it really doesn't matter as I didn't get Anything out of a RWVA membership either. I just liked the training and as Appleseed is my only comparison I would like to know how similar they will be.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield

JMHO, YMMV .....

Cold? No No No, comfortable. Cool weather means no bugs, no sweat in your eyes, no sunburn, and carharts make your sling position SOLID!
    I love shooting in the cold.

DAve

snow.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'll look forward to shooting with you guys! I'm not much for committing in advance, but I like the location and timing. It sounds like I'll kind of know my instructors. ;)

I'd love to hear some further detail on the separation from Appleseed?

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    More on what happened to Appleseed -

Have any of you ever volunteered with a non-profit group? Sometimes the people in the group disagree on stuff and the people just end up going their separate ways. That's what happened with Appleseed. You can ask around and get the he said, she said, but the very plain answer is, everyone in Appleseed is a volunteer and many of the volunteers are now doing Revere's Riders instead of Appleseed.

You won't find any of us disparaging Project Appleseed nor will we try to discourage you from attending Appleseed events. Every single one of us still believes in the Appleseed mission of saving the country by telling folks the story of Apr. 19th, 1775 and passing on the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.... we'll just be doing it with Revere's Riders instead.

I hope all of you will consider joining us at one of the Revere's Riders events in the near future. December in Nashville is typically quite pleasant. You'll find the same great history, rifle marksmanship instruction and instructors you've come to know and love at Appleseeds. The only thing that you'll really notice changed is the hat we'll be wearing.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Got a pic of the Revere's Riders hat?

I'm not looking to rag on either group. The more the merrier! I'm happy to support both with my range presence and forum discussion.

I understand, "We're not going to talk about it." However, that hasn't been directly stated.
    In the meantime, I'll just be blunt; What were the disagreements about?

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Got a pic of the Revere's Riders hat?
    HA!

Not yet. Everything is still in the developmental stages but it's in the final stages. I expect all the stuff to be "official" very soon. In the mean time, there is some swag already for sale on our website.

I'm not looking to rag on either group. The more the merrier! I'm happy to support both with my range presence and forum discussion.
    Excellent! And that's what it's really all about. We need to all support each other. Sure, we're going to have disagreements and differences but, at the end of the day, we're all on the same team.

I understand, "We're not going to talk about it." However, that hasn't been directly stated.
    In the meantime, I'll just be blunt; What were the disagreements about?
    I promise to answer any questions you have in person at Nashville. But for now, as TJ said, "irreconcilable differences."

It's really nothing more than some of us wanted to do things this way, some wanted to do them that way. The National Director of Project Appleseed said, "If you guys think you can do it better, why don't you start your own organization?" So, that's what we did!

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I love Appleseed, but after 10 events Im kind of excited for something potentially different. Assuming you guys get around the state a bit...Im all in.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I love the idea of different event types. I've attended many a seed and have been a part of conversations regarding expanding the course offerings. I'm looking forward to a program with the same top notch safety and instruction AND multiple training/class/competition options.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I plan to attend both Appleseed and Revere Riders events.
    Looks like the same goals with a different format and I look forward to seeing everyone on the line (whatever hat you are wearing!)
    Will RR's be offering KD type shoots also (similar to the Atterbury KD offered by Appleseed ?).
    Nigel

Top Bottom