• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I talked to the guy running this event and yes, the rumors are true, there will be fried chicken. And Bacon.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Huzzah!

Folks, the events at the "bomb range" are the best in the country. You don't want to miss this! Sign up soon to reserve your spot. Fun for the whole family and, and, and.... fried chicken! 'MURICA!!!

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I signed my nephew and I up this afternoon. He's looking to join the Army after graduating. I either need to buy an AR and more 5.56 ammo or let him shoot my Mini14 while I rock a Garand.

Decisions, decisions...

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    I signed my nephew and I up this afternoon. He's looking to join the Army after graduating. I either need to buy an AR and more 5.56 ammo or let him shoot my Mini14 while I rock a Garand.

Decisions, decisions...
    I'll gladly donate the use of an AR-15 in A2 configuration AND the ammo for a young man joining the Army.... IF he's serious about joining.

Cost is one push-up per round for the ammo and one mile per day of running leading up to the event. Should be pretty easy for a 17 year old. Let me know if he's interested.

Noah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2015
    Cincinnati
    I can't wait for the shoot next weekend. Been looking forward to it for months! Does anyone have a rough head count on the number of shooters we are expecting?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I can't wait for the shoot next weekend. Been looking forward to it for months! Does anyone have a rough head count on the number of shooters we are expecting?

Welcome to INGO!

Following the link in the first post shows 9 signed up so far. There will be more.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I just signed up me and my son. I have planned on going to a Appleseed event and haven't been able to make it. I called Troy today at Indiana Army Surplus and he said this is great event and I shouldn't miss it. Troy has been a big supporter of these events and has encouraged me to participate on several occasions. Now I'm just nervous with anticipation.

Noah

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2015
    Cincinnati
    It's going to be a blast, I know that. I can't wait! Been prepping gear and dry firing. Have to get through another weekend of work and a week of school first though.

Appleseed does a really, really good job of making the events welcoming and comfortable to those who are new to shooting or more often, new to this level of rifle marksmanship, while at the same time, even from the start of the day, shooters with more experience with the program and maybe a Rifleman patch won't feel "held back" or anything close to that. I would expect the same from Revere's Riders- Revere's Riders is simply the best Appleseed instructors I personally know doing their own thing, so it can only be great if you ask me.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Not "doing their own thing" regarding safety and fundamentals... Rather having a stronger voice in the governance and direction of the program and the content of the curriculum.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    It's looking like perfect weather for this event. And a good chance tbhausen and I will be dropping in Sunday afternoon with one very unique rifle: an IWI Tavor. And maybe enough ammo for anyone who wants to give it a try...

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    It's looking like perfect weather for this event. And a good chance tbhausen and I will be dropping in Sunday afternoon with one very unique rifle: an IWI Tavor. And maybe enough ammo for anyone who wants to give it a try...

Hope to see you guys there, and bring the Tavor please.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    It's looking about 50 degrees too warm, but we shall persevere.

Slim, I appreciate the offer but I did not see until just a few days ago. If you or anyone can spare an AR, I'll gladly feed it. I bought a case of Wolf just for this weekend. I think the kid is pretty serious about the Army. I'm excited to see his progression this weekend.

See y'all soon.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    If someone really needs a loaner gun of some type post it up here ASAP & I'll make it happen.

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I've got plenty of rifles, but no AR15s. If someone can loan my nephew one, I'd appreciate it. He seems pretty serious about the Army and I'd like for him to be able to learn on the platform that will matter in his life. Slim's offer was generous, but I didn't see it until a few days ago. I might get 500 pushups and 30+ miles out of him by tomorrow, but I doubt he'd be worth much after. I'll be bringing spare 22 rifles and ammo for those and may even toss a Garand in the mix.

Top Bottom