• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Cary (cbhausen) and I have volunteered to take on the responsibility of helping to spread the word about Revere's Riders. We strongly feel the organization's instruction of shooting sports, teaching of American history, and encouragement of civic engagement should be heard by as many Liberty-minded Americans as possible.

Initially, we'll be focusing on traditional and social media, internet forums, and good old-fashioned bulletin boards (the modern-day equivalent of the "Liberty Pole"). If you have any ideas for promoting the organization's mission, please feel free to share them here so we can work together toward growth and success. Everyone who thinks the mission is important can help in some way. Tell your shooting buddies about the organization, bring your kids to an event, post a link on your own Facebook pages. Revere's Riders is just getting started, but we're motivated by the importance of our work and eager to spread the message of Liberty to our fellow Americans. Who's with us?

www.hitscount.org

Last edited:

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Thanks... This is a perfect time to reiterate that Revere's Riders and Project Appleseed share similar missions, even if their approaches prove to be a bit different. The more Americans involved in both programs, the better it is for America. By all means, attend events and support either, or preferably, both, as location and other circumstances dictate. Revere's Riders will build a particularly strong presence here in Indiana; we invite you all become a part of it.

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I would love to attend one of these events but there never seems to be any that are relatively close by. All the ones I have seen from this group and Appleseed all seem to be a good 40 minute drive from Shelbyville. I Understand you are fairly new and don't know what all requirements you have in choosing a range but if I could just make a suggestion for one and that is the Shelby FOP Lodge 84. They are currently doing some renovations and will have a 25 yard and 50 yard range. It's not the biggest or fanciest of places but could help fill in a gap and draw in more of the east central part of the state.

hawkhavn

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SE Idaho
    I typically drive between 1 and 2 hours to these events. It's worth every minute of the trek.

We need a need a safe backstop and a willing host, everything else is provided by us.

HH

ccomstock001

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Shelbyville
    I'm sure they are worth the drive but it's not always ideal for all people. I am just making a suggestion as it seems there isn't a whole lot of events of this kind in this area.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So how does it feel to pack one's gear and prepare for one of these events? How does it feel to know you will soon be on the line learning how to shoot for the first time or shoot better? How does it feel to hear the history of the birth of our Nation and the sacrifices made on behalf of future generations up to and including ours? And finally, his does it feel to know you're a different and better person for having carved out just one weekend to take all of this in, leaving you so satisfied yet yearning for more?

It feels like Liberty. It leaves you awe-struck makes you proud to be an American. And it makes you want to share the experience. Anyone who has been there knows what I mean. If you're on the fence, just do this! Then you will know why those who have been there are so enthusiastic.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    I'm sure they are worth the drive but it's not always ideal for all people. I am just making a suggestion as it seems there isn't a whole lot of events of this kind in this area.

When em this group of people was affiliated with Appleseed they did shoots in Knaw Bone, Liberty, and Atterbury. Those are all an hourish from Shelbyville. No snark intended, but how close do you want it?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Having been to two, I'd drive up to 3 hours (and stay in a hotel of course). It's worth it.

You leave with a new appreciation for those that risked it ALL for our freedoms we have today. Remember back then, treason was punished right then and there. You fire on the Kings men and you could be executed in the field. On top of that they could confiscate EVERYTHING you owned and put your family out on the street. So how would you feel if you knew that doing this could mean not only YOUR death, but also your wife and children losing everything they had as well. It's sobering.

Just do it.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Are on site registrations accepted? I'm not sure if I can go this Saturday in Noblesville or not. Can't know for sure until Friday. I've done a few Appleseeds and would like to try one of these.

Matt

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Are on site registrations accepted? I'm not sure if I can go this Saturday in Noblesville or not. Can't know for sure until Friday. I've done a few Appleseeds and would like to try one of these.

Matt

Yes, on site registrations will be accepted. I hope all goes well with your other commitments and you will be able to attend this event.

Since you've previously attended Appleseeds, we look forward to hearing your feedback on the new format.

Top Bottom