• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I've had a number of discussions with prospective attendees of Revere's Riders events, and I want to share their concerns, questions, and answers here for those who may have the same uncertainties.

Participants' privacy is respected. There's no published list and last names aren't even used after the paperwork is done in the morning. The only way anyone will know you attended is when you tell them how much fun you had, how much better you can shoot, and how great and inspiring the stories were. Most come again and bring more family and friends.

This is shooting instruction, NOT a shooting match. Scores aren't published anywhere. The only real benchmark is improvement--whether you've never picked up a rifle or are already a crack shot, you'll learn and improve. That's what RR instructors are all about.

The environment is safe, family oriented, and non-threatening. Nobody puts down struggling shooters--the instructors roll their sleeves up and dig in to help. They're always positive and encouraging. There's nothing to worry about when it comes to your pace of progress; nobody gets left behind at one of these events.

Regarding safety, procedures are very strict. Rifles are on the ground and can't even be approached when the range is cold. The line is kept clear and watched every moment until all rifles are safely put away. Safe gun handling and making the rifles safe is taught over and over again, often in enjoyable and memorable ways.

That's most of what I can recall right now. If anyone has any general questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Someone here will certainly be glad to help.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for posting. At the last event there was a 12yr old young man who had never touched a gun before that Saturday morning. By the end of Sunday, he was hitting steel consistently with a beautiful Garand. He came to the event with an open mind, ability to listen and a desire to learn a new skill. That's all it takes.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I popped down to Bedford to see how the 1st official IN shoot was going. Fantastic crew and a great bunch of shooters. You won't be disappointed attending one of these shoots.

Top Bottom