• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    We've sorted out our miscommunication with Scheduling et al at base and will restart our KD curriculum as soon as able. Yellerhouse and I are discussing new dates.

Ill ll probably run the first one (I can hear your eyes rolling you jerks!) and we will go from there.

Food for for thought and comment: would you rather shoot in the rainy season or wait for a hard freeze? Keep in mind that it will be run Huff-style and amenities will be few.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    the "Atterburry eight" has been used as a descriptor for the first crew to go. Now that word is out how awesome these type events are I would rather see this one be known as the Atterburry 20+.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Known Distance curriculum. Roughly defined for the purposes of Revere's Riders "The skills and knowledge necessary to grab a Rack Grade rifle with surplus ammunition and engage a 4 MOA target at 500 yards from field positions." At least that's how it's defined in my copy of the Tao of Huff.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    the "Atterburry eight" has been used as a descriptor for the first crew to go. Now that word is out how awesome these type events are I would rather see this one be known as the Atterburry 20+.

i don't think that will be much of a problem. In fact I suggested to Dave that we cap at 20, if not 15.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    Known Distance curriculum. Roughly defined for the purposes of Revere's Riders "The skills and knowledge necessary to grab a Rack Grade rifle with surplus ammunition and engage a 4 MOA target at 500 yards from field positions." At least that's how it's defined in my copy of the Tao of Huff.

That actually sounds fun and challenging, but since I am only at about 75% hit rate, at 100 yards with iron sights on and 8" steel target, I think that I will have to wait on this. Do you plan on keeping it going for awhile? I need to work on my accuracy before I go out any further distance.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    This will be an ongoing offering. There are always new shooters wanting to do KD and experienced shooters wanting to do KD again.

That is good to know. How often do you think you will be offering the class? What equipment will be needed/recommended? That way I can work on getting what I need way in advance.

I was wanting to attend the Basic Rifle class in Crawfordsville, this coming weekend, unfortunately it is not possible. Bonus-daughter birthday party. Maybe in the future.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Fundamentals are the same... A basic rifle class will get you everything you need to know re: accuracy, sight adjustments, NPOA, etc. KD puts it into practice while exploring wind and drop.

Equipment: Open mind, Rifle, Ammo, Sling, Eye Pro, Ear Pro, Water. Food is optional. Appropriate clothing for weather is optional but recommended.

I enjoy the 25 yard shoots as much as the kd shoots. Each are challenging. At 25 yards, you really can't blame wind, so it's all on me if I am not accurate. I'll be heading to the shoot in Crawfordsville this weekend (I think this will be my 4th or 5th now). And I'll be joining my 3rd KD sometime in the future when the opportunity presents itself again.

These people tend to grow on you :)

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    We've sorted out our miscommunication with Scheduling et al at base and will restart our KD curriculum as soon as able. Yellerhouse and I are discussing new dates.

Ill ll probably run the first one (I can hear your eyes rolling you jerks!) and we will go from there.

Food for for thought and comment: would you rather shoot in the rainy season or wait for a hard freeze? Keep in mind that it will be run Huff-style and amenities will be few.
    Great news. I'd go with first available and I did not roll my eyes...........:rolleyes:

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    That actually sounds fun and challenging, but since I am only at about 75% hit rate, at 100 yards with iron sights on and 8" steel target, I think that I will have to wait on this. Do you plan on keeping it going for awhile? I need to work on my accuracy before I go out any further distance.

The reason you are only 75% on an 8moa target is not a condition of your existence, it's merely where you are at right now. Right now you haven't been a student at our instruction clinic. The thing is, this ABSOLUTELY is for you. WE are absolutely for you. We SPECIALIZE in taking people who are 75% on 8 moa with a teachable attitude and making them effective at 500 yards. We don't care what kind of shooter you are, we're only concerned with the kind of shooter you CAN be.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    would you rather shoot in the rainy season or wait for a hard freeze?
    Charlie don't care what the weather's like.

I am only at about 75% hit rate, at 100 yards with iron sights on and 8" steel target
    That's good enough.

We'll be shooting bell-shaped targets that are roughly 19x26 inches and the "expert" score will be somewhere around 80%. There is no difference in shooting at 25 or 500. Your fundamentals should be exactly the same. Yes, you have to make some adjustments to your gear or where you aim, but the shot is exactly the same. If you can hit 75% at 100 you should be able to hit 75% at 500.

Rarejewell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2015
    Metro Indy
    The reason you are only 75% on an 8moa target is not a condition of your existence, it's merely where you are at right now. Right now you haven't been a student at our instruction clinic. The thing is, this ABSOLUTELY is for you. WE are absolutely for you. We SPECIALIZE in taking people who are 75% on 8 moa with a teachable attitude and making them effective at 500 yards. We don't care what kind of shooter you are, we're only concerned with the kind of shooter you CAN be.

It was my first time shooting that gun as well as shooting at that distance. It also had a fair amount of kick. Swedish Mauser 6.5 x 55. Had a blast. But I still need to take some classes, and it is had to do with by schedule.

Top Bottom