• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Which Tech Sight do you guys recommend: the TSR100 or TSR200?

I like the idea of being able to adjust elevation at the rear sight instead of the front with the '200 but it appears that the adjustment might be a little difficult as TS offers a tool for doing this (TS211). If I go with the '200, is the tool necessary?

Thanks for the wisdom...

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I have both of them and I prefer the TS100. It's on my 10/22 once its set there's really no need for any other adjustments. They do sell a tool for the TR 200 but it's very cumbersome to adjust the sight.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    You don't need any fancy tools to adjust the 200 ... a common nail is all that's needed. In fact a common nail is all that's needed to adjust the 100 sights or any AR style sights.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    TJ,

Is there any advantage to the 200 beyond being able to adjust for elevation AND windage at the rear sight? I kinda like being able to adjust the POA in the same direction I want the POI to go. I suppose I could buy both and try them myself as they aren't that expensive...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have both the 100 and 200 and think they are both great. The 100 has two apertures at the back one for short range and 1 for long. Sight in at 25/50 yards for short range and you are pretty close at 100 with the other.

The TSR200 has an optional adjustable aperture. This use a little rubber insert to change the size of the rear aperture. It is a little bit hinky but what I like is that I can remove the insert and create a sort of ghost ring rear. Works great for shooting steel plates and fast plinking.

Personally for an Training Rifle I would choose the TRS100. For a general purpose plinking rifle the TRS200.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I have both sets and like both. On my marlin I like the ts200 on the ruger 10-22 I haven't notice and advantage for either one honestly.

Either set you get is a 100x upgrade over the factories lol.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    TJ,
    Is there any advantage to the 200 beyond being able to adjust for elevation AND windage at the rear sight? I kinda like being able to adjust the POA in the same direction I want the POI to go. I suppose I could buy both and try them myself as they aren't that expensive...

The only other "out of the box" advantage to the 200 sights is that they come with a taller front sight post. This may or may not be an issue with you and your rifle. It was a problem when I was using the 100 sights on a Compact Ruger 10/22 (16.125” barrel). Ordered up the taller front post and all was o.k. I’ve not seen any issues like this with the standard Ruger 18” barrel length.

Honestly, you can’t go wrong with either sight set-up.

8< SNIP 8<
    The TSR200 has an optional adjustable aperture. This use a little rubber insert to change the size of the rear aperture. It is a little bit hinky but what I like is that I can remove the insert and create a sort of ghost ring rear. Works great for shooting steel plates and fast plinking.

8< SNIP 8<.
    I’ve been intrigued by this add-on for some time now, but haven’t yet ordered a set to mess around with … maybe Santa will slip one into my stocking this year?

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    What Huff said.

Just because 'Merica is addicted to the click, doesn't mean you should be also. Put your efforts, your time, and your concern, into your training plan. Not your equipment list.

DAve

addicted to the click: The idea that we need to buy something to solve every problem we have. The concept that the useful value of our rifle is determined by how many things we can push-click, pull-click, twist-click, extend-click - is false.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    The addiction to the click and the inevitable gear race is not new.

A letter to the editor of the Volunteer Service Gazette, Saturday 28 February 1863 concerning the use of expensive purpose made target rifles verses common military match rifles when shooting for NRA contests.

First, mark that the average of rifles used in these contests tallies exactly with the number of rifles on the ground; second, mark that nearly all the known crack shots used Henry or Whitworth rifles (not a Turner or Kerr being in the match between Lords and Commons, or between England and Scotland), and that comparatively unknown men used Turner and Kerr rifles. What would have been the result if all the crack shots had used Turner and Kerr rifles, and comparatively unknown shots had used Henry and Whitworth? – I am, Sir, yours, &c.,

A Member of the National Rifle Association

Caterham, Feb. 23, 1863.

Even in 1863 shooters had the mistaken belief that they could not shoot as well as the top marksmen because they did not have the same equipment. When the scores over an entire year were tallied it was found that the Whitworth and Henry rifles were on the winner's stand more often only because there were more of them. The Turner and Kerr rifles were as capable of fine accuracy as any other rifle of the time.

Small-bore Rifles Compared, Wimbledon 1862

We rarely learn from history.

DAve

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Dave, I'm afraid we must face the truth. You and I (and probably S2S) are dinosaurs. There's no place for us anymore. I'll see you at the museum.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    You guys are so dramatic. Different strokes for different folks. what works great for one doesn't work great for the other. that is why there are so many companies who make variables of similar things.

really it doesn't matter which one you get. buy some and put them on your rifle. learn to focus on that dang front site and send some rounds down range. remembering to call your shot as it breaks.

YHJ and Huff I remember a distinct conversation after a event in richmond with the both of you and how you both really loved Geissele triggers :) I mean mil spec is really all you need and I have seen both you shoot very well with a stock trigger but you both said you much prefer that geissele and huff had even put one in your 1 y/o daughters rifle :)

I understand the principle here and agree with it completely. YOU CAN NOT BUY SKILLS IN ISLE 7 AT WALMART!. You must learn the the fundamentals and practice them. don't try to buy the next thing that comes out to fix a flaw that you have instead of actually addressing the flaw and fixing it :)

anyways you old dinosaurs need to stop your crying. who cares what they buy as long as they show up at some events and learn to use it :)

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    I have never shot a Geissele trigger in my life, that I know of. I would not know one from a ham sandwich. The point we are trying to make is exactly what you said, put something in and practice. What you put in is of little consequence, go simple.

We, as a group, spend more time with our catalogs than we do with our rifles.

DAve

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Dumb question but why is the TRS200 harder to adjust? Other then the little dials being a bit of a pain. Works like any other adjustable rear sight. UP-Down, Left-Right. I actually like the TSR100 with two aperture heights better. Only criticism I have is that I think the aperture needs to be a little bigger.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I like the TSR3000 Tech Sights with adjustable brew settings and built-in WiFi booster. :yesway:

WiFi booster would be nice. I have to search for good 4g signal at the range. Plus I usually stop at Hardee's for a sausage biscuit and coffee on the way out there.

Top Bottom