July 9-10 HCFG Basic Rifle -- Who's Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    I'm contemplating going to this event. 8 out of 16 spots on the firing line have already been taken, so looks like I (and anyone else) had better act sooner rather than later to reserve their spot. I've only been to HCFG once for a Defensive Rifle course taught by Train to Be Safe's Chris Pope and Joe Cruz. Seems like a nice facility...

Sign up link: Upcoming Events ? 2-day Basic Rifle (Noblesville, IN) ? Revere's Riders

So, any of the 8 folks already signed up INGOers?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Will be there with another guy that always wanted to go but never did. Moral support.

dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    I've got my ticket and plan to be there. It's great to see the line filled. Looking forward to this...it's been way too long since I've been to an Appleseed event and is will be my first RR event.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm trying to track down a USGI sling to use with my 10/22 for this event. Does anyone have any leads on a LGS in the Indy area that has them in stock?

I figure Bradis is the most likely to have some, but that's a pretty decent hike from me.

bocefus78

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Hamilton Co.
    I'm trying to track down a USGI sling to use with my 10/22 for this event. Does anyone have any leads on a LGS in the Indy area that has them in stock?

I figure Bradis is the most likely to have some, but that's a pretty decent hike from me.

I will have one you can borrow if you can't track one down locally.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper

I have about 8 from the CMP that were ordered by accident. They are forsale at cost $10.60. I could ship it to you if you want to pay for the shipping. Revere's Rider's has 8 slings that were donated by the NRA Foundation that are complete with swivels to loan to students who don't have one. Those are with the Event Director and will be there for anyone to borrow. These are not the ones forsale, but are for borrowing. Have fun and be safe everyone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

I work on the east side near 70 and Shadeland. You can borrow one of mine or buy it and I'll buy a new one from Bradis since I live 5 mins from them.

EDIT: make sure you have 1.25" sling mounts though. normal QD slings tend to be only 1". I have some you can borrow as well.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I will have one you can borrow if you can't track one down locally.

This is just one of the many reasons why I love INGO. Everyone is always so willing to help out.

I have about 8 from the CMP that were ordered by accident. They are forsale at cost $10.60. I could ship it to you if you want to pay for the shipping. Revere's Rider's has 8 slings that were donated by the NRA Foundation that are complete with swivels to loan to students who don't have one. Those are with the Event Director and will be there for anyone to borrow. These are not the ones forsale, but are for borrowing. Have fun and be safe everyone.

Good to know. Since the shoot is just two days away I will likely just borrow one from the event dir. for now. I'll get in touch with you afterwords about a purchase.

I work on the east side near 70 and Shadeland. You can borrow one of mine or buy it and I'll buy a new one from Bradis since I live 5 mins from them.

EDIT: make sure you have 1.25" sling mounts though. normal QD slings tend to be only 1". I have some you can borrow as well.

I picked up the 1.25" sling mounts last night. Installing them is my mini project for tomorrow night.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    This is just one of the many reasons why I love INGO. Everyone is always so willing to help out.

Good to know. Since the shoot is just two days away I will likely just borrow one from the event dir. for now. I'll get in touch with you afterwords about a purchase.

I picked up the 1.25" sling mounts last night. Installing them is my mini project for tomorrow night.

Let me know if you don't locate one. I believe I have a couple spares and I will be at this event.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

True. Word to the lurkers who just might be watching:

I dont care if you have been here since the board was founded. If you never participate and only have 100 posts in 5 years, dont expect this kind of blind generosity. Thats why everyone that IS established gets all butthurt about post counts and runs to the classifieds. Yes, this community takes care of itself. But if you dont contribute, dont expect help like this. Nothing personal, we just have no idea of your character, which means the trust factor is VERY low. Sure, you can expect to be helped coincidentally on site by somebody like Foszoe, just not offers of loaners because you are close to another member.

/rant

Top Bottom