Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
    Expert

User Info Menu

Is this gonna be run like an appleseed? Same shooting positions? Can you lay out how its gonna go for me? Never been to a KD shoot. Been to a couple seeds though.
    "That government is best which governs the least " Thomas Jefferson

User Info Menu

From my understanding, yes...same positions. People will score your targets for you. No walking down and back! They will teach you the dope on the scope here! Remember a notebook (small). Sign up! I'm a 1st timer also. What better way to learn?

I don't know about you, but 500yd ranges are hard to come by for me. I'm excited to test my limits.

Sharpshooter

User Info Menu

I'm sure Huff or YHJ will also chime in, but the basic lay of the land is that you'll start at 25 yds. getting a good solid zero on your rifle. Then you'll do some exercises that will teach you more about your optics and their capabilities than you can remember, so it is essential to have something to write on and something to write with.

After all that is done, you'll start to shoot at actual distances. You'll shoot a string, find out where they hit, make adjustments to your optics, then shoot again to verify your adjustments. Pack up and move to the next firing line. Wash, rinse, repeat until you've got your DOPE for all the yardages.

You will record EVERYTHING you do at all times. Be sure to have something to write on and something to write with.

You will also be lugging all your gear from firing line to firing line, so read what's been written earlier in this thread, then read it a few more times. You should be able to get by with a single ruck sack / back pack with gear and your rifle slung over your shoulder.

There's nothing like the Atterbury experience. If you have any chance at all to get to this event, do it!

Expert

User Info Menu

Well, I just bought my ticket so I'm in. I feel like a shlub bringing a scope rifle but my eyes don't work near as well as they used to. Only 14 spots left folks.

At what range should I zero my rifle? I've read 100 and 200 yards. Which one?
    "That government is best which governs the least " Thomas Jefferson

User Info Menu

No shlubing allowed, a rifleman shoots what he has and is glad to have it ;^) The day is fast approaching where I will no longer do my best work on a target without optics. I already had to switch to shooting glasses to see the front post.

Any zero range will work, so long as you know it to be true. What we do not want is shots to go a flyin' all hither and yon with no idea where they might be headed. If you got a known zero anywhere from 25 to 200 yards, it will be all good and yummy.

DAve
    "Posterity, you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that ever I took half the pains to preserve it." -- John Adams

Dave Goodrich - Yellowhousejake
    Revere's Riders
    Every American Choosing Liberty, Every Day

http://www.hitscount.org
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rever...13714358767518

Plinker

User Info Menu

Just bought my ticket! I am stoked!
    Looking forward to the practice and the history!!

User Info Menu

13 (or fewer) spots left!
    HH
    Hawkhavn
    Instructor - Revere's Riders
    Every American Choosing Liberty, Everyday
    Find us at: http://www.reveresriders.org/

#BarnWoodStrong

User Info Menu

I'll be there. I'm bring two tarps (in case anyone needs an extra). Shooting mat, propane cooktop stove, three ammo cans on wheels, laptop computer, umbrella (big beach type with leg stands), cooler on wheels, and porta potty (no thanks to ol huff).
    So who's helping me carry all this stuff?
    The intricacies found in the world of firearms
    that I discover each new day, is astounding.

Forum Rules | INGO FAQ | Classifieds Rules

User Info Menu

Will shooters be allowed to Pokemon Go in between strings of fire?
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyMaQ View Post
    I'll be there. I'm bring two tarps (in case anyone needs an extra). Shooting mat, propane cooktop stove, three ammo cans on wheels, laptop computer, umbrella (big beach type with leg stands), cooler on wheels, and porta potty (no thanks to ol huff).
    So who's helping me carry all this stuff?
    Sorry Robby, your own your own, but I will use that porta potty you'll be totting around. No peeing in the bushes allowed you know.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted & saves those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast