Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    @308jake: I'm assuming that is the Super 8 in Bedford, correct? Might get a room there myself as I'm not relishing the thought of driving 1.5+ hours back to Indy after a long day on the range

Anybody staying overnight (not camping) and going to this event? If so, where?
    That's the one. It's nice and very close. If it's not raining though, I'll camp out. I can't let Robby and Slim have all the fun. Probably set up Friday so I can get plenty of that BBQ.

EDIT: All the hotels in Bedford are sold out so camping is it rain or shine.
    Last edited by 308jake; 09-05-2016 at 17:43.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

User Info Menu

If weather is a factor I have a 2-bdrm right in town. You're all welcome to crash.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just got a king room at the Super 8 in Bedford. All the online reservation websites (including super8.com) show the hotel as full. I called the hotel directly and they actually had 4 king rooms still available (3 now since I made my reservation). My guess is that hotel rooms are scarce due to the home IU football game. In any case, if you need a room try calling the hotel directly.

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

#BarnWoodStrong

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MohawkSlim View Post
    If weather is a factor I have a 2-bdrm right in town. You're all welcome to crash.
    I am fully expecting weather. It's bugs I can do without. They annoy me.

I put on the ticket that I would not need a loaner rifle... But I may need a .22 to borrow if anyone has one to lend? I'd rather not shoot .223 for saturday if I can avoid it, but will bring it and enough ammo anyways just in case a loaner isn't avalaible. I have extra mags for a ruger 10/22 & gi slings. All my other 22's are bolt guns or 25 rd mag m&p

Also if it rains, I might need a loaner umbrella. Preferably Ol'Huff holding it over me as I shoot so I don't get wet.
    The intricacies found in the world of firearms
    that I discover each new day, is astounding.

Forum Rules | INGO FAQ | Classifieds Rules

User Info Menu

Get a couple more people to sign up and I'll hold it all day.
    This ain't Sparta, its 'Murica.

User Info Menu

I have a rifle you can use, Robby. I have to work Saturday so I usually show up pre-game, tell Huff what he's already doing wrong while eating a few donuts and sipping coffee, and drop off a rifle or two for use if necessary. If you need one I'll bring one with your name on it.

#BarnWoodStrong

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MohawkSlim View Post
    I have a rifle you can use, Robby. I have to work Saturday so I usually show up pre-game, tell Huff what he's already doing wrong while eating a few donuts and sipping coffee, and drop off a rifle or two for use if necessary. If you need one I'll bring one with your name on it.
    Awesome Slim! Thanks!

User Info Menu

Just a PSA here but if you've been to one or two of our events before I'd strongly encourage you bring irons to this one
    This ain't Sparta, its 'Murica.

#BarnWoodStrong

User Info Menu

Yer killing me smalls... I'll give it a whirl (based on what Slim loans me), but I'm not sure I can see the front sight post clearly without glasses anymore. Handgun is completely fuzzy. And I sure can't see downrange with them on (cheapie walmart readers). I keep meaning to make an appt with the eye doctor.

I managed rifleman (221) with irons on my first event... does that count?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyMaQ View Post
    I'll give it a whirl (based on what Slim loans me)
    Irons it is!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast