• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Patriots, it's official! Revere's Riders will be conducting a 2-Day Carbine Clinic in the Hoosier. Bedford, IN - Dec. 10/11, 2016.

This exciting event will feature two full days of instruction, jam packed with all the info you need to get your AR-15 up and running more effectively than your favorite internet operator. We'll go from setting up your kit and engaging tangos at danger close all the way out to *Space Shuttle Door Gunner range. Want to learn to shoot from cover? Check. Want to shoot moving targets? Check. Want to set up a good Battle Sight Zero so you can dust zombies out to 300 yards with no sight adjustments? We got you!

Plus, we'll be telling the more gruesome and gritty reality tales of the American Revolution. The stories you didn't hear in school. The incidents in which being WELL REGULATED wasn't just a sound byte, it was the difference between life and death.

This will be a family-friendly event. It won't be tacticool, running around shouting cursewords or making you do pushups. It'll be solid instruction on the fundamentals of how to run your rig from right in front of your face, all the way out to 300 yards.

How to make the AR, America's Rifle, YOUR rifle.

For more information or to sign up, visit the website, here - Upcoming Events ? Carbine: America?s Rifle Challenge ? Revere's Riders

And since it's Bedford, there will be great grub, some shenanigans around the camp fire, and much more!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    sounds hellacool. my tax stamp on the sbr should be in by then! I'm going to go online shopping for winter camo now ;)

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Not meaning to step on Slim's toes but I snipped this from our preliminary cof...

Carbine – One DayAssumes no Basic Rifle Pre-Requisite; Items with an asterisk are from Basic Rifle curriculum
    Introduction
    Administration & Registration
    Setup gear line
    Welcome and Introduction
    Safety Procedures
    Review how to unload firearms
    Range Operations & Line Commands
    Retrieve carbines
    Fundamentals
    Firing Stance: Carbine Standing
    Five Fundamentals of Rifle Shooting*
    Scanning
    Magazine Changes
    Speeding Things Up
    Sight Picture and Trigger Control for Short Range Marksmanship
    Controlled Pairs
    Malfunctions/Stoppages
    Emergency Reload
    Failure to Fire/Eject
    Double Feed
    Special Subjects (pick zero to two – teach as time & facility allows)
    Carbine Trajectory
    Barricades
    Movement
    Confirm Zeroes and/or Teach Basic MOA & IMC*
    Kneeling Position*
    Prone Position*
    Cleaning the AR-15
    Skill Challenge (America’s Rifle Challenge or other)
    Consider using Morgan’s 13 to draw people to Basic Rifle

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    What "level" would you consider this course?
    I've been lovingly referring to this course as "Intro to Operating."

Like most Revere's Riders events this will be something a brand noob can attend and pick up some really solid fundamentals yet dudes who've shot through one of those oddly shaped plywood barriers during a 3-Gun match will also find value in what we're doing. I want the mom who has an AR in her house but still holds it kind of funny with her head all the way at the back of the buttstock AND her teenage daughter (who will probably outshoot all of us) to be able to have fun with dad, who used to be in the Army.

So, basically, it's an introductory course that will end up being a super advanced best course ever kind of course. I mean, seriously, you will leave on Sunday with a much fuller beard. Even the teenage girl will have one. Probably a shemagh with a Spartan head on it and a few tats on her forearms. At the very miniumum she'll always walk around with her hands in her pockets and her sleeves rolled up over her watch.

Seems like the temperature might be just right for me by then.
    Start drinking Gatorade NOW!!!

I hope you can be there. This is the kind of course that would be perfect for you guys.

AK's welcome??
    Da! Kaneshna, tovarish.

This is supposed to be a clinic based on the NRA's "America's Rifle Challenge" which is for America's Rifle, the AR-15. However, it's also supposed to be the leap that takes us from laying down on a golf course and shooting tiny stamps at 25 meters (or big ol' dog targets at Atterbury) to dynamic engagement of immediate threats in a higher stress, more immediate fashion. In short, we gotta get up off our bellies and move around a bit. We have to defend ourselves and families from those who mean to do us harm. Wolverines type stuff! 'MURICA type stuff!

Because of that, AKs are more than welcome. I have a soft spot in my heart for the Red Team. It'll be a bit of a PITA because of the controls and how we have to run the course (for insurance purposes) but it's doable. Most AK Operators I know are accustomed to overcoming whatever BS rules are in place so they can run the most prolific rifle the world has ever seen. I'd suggest gloves and a bit of practice before the event because we'll be safety on/safety off all day long and on some choppers that means tender hands. In Soviet Russia, hands hurt gun, not gun hurting hands.

Really looking forward to this event! I'd encourage anyone interested in going to sign up early. The quicker we can fill the lines the better the event will be!

sofrosune

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Just signed up. Looking forward to it. Also, RR has a special discount for any purchase of $60 or more (courses included) made by 09/17/16. Use code "LetsRoll" for 13% off (mine didn't work out to 13%, but it was close enough).

FishnHunt

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 18, 2013
    Churubusco
    Hmm never done one of these, this sounds like a good time. Is there lodging close or camping on-site? Coming from Fort Wayne, don't think I want to drive home between days...

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Lodging can usually be found in Bedford. Also, per the range owner ... Camping is always welcome. Toilet on site. Fire wood and pit on site. Running water at the barn.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    145   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I'm really interested in attending this class, but my work schedule coming up is really up in the air. Is there a refund possibility if I'm not able to attend?

Top Bottom