Dec 10-11 Carbine: America's Rifle Challenge in Bedford, IN -- Who's Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    If you've got an AR-15, this is a great event to learn a little about "operating" it the right way. We will be at "The Bedford Contingent's" range just north of Bedford, IN off SR-37. This is a great private range set on rolling farmland. When I was there earlier this year, soybeans partially obscured the 300 yard steel; I guess that is an added "Hoosier Challenge" or something :) Sunrise and fog over the bean fields was also a highlight for Chilidog's optional Sunday morning non-denominational service.

This event will feature moving targets, so it will definitely take you away from the typical "square range" type of event and challenge your shooting ability. You don't want to miss this event if you own a "black rifle".

Event details and tickets: Upcoming Events – Carbine: America’s Rifle Challenge (Bedford, IN) – Revere's Riders

I'm already signed up and will be bringing my AR-15 and Tavor (just because I like being "different")! Who else is going?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Mohawk, it's not a question of worth as I'm sure it's worth it. It is a question of budget and limited disposable income for me. I have to carefully choose where I spend.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    Gotcha.

I hope we're not scaring people off with the price tag. We're still priced below industry standard but tacking $150 on top of an AR, ammo, food, etc. does add up quickly. With luck, we'll see you out there next year.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Gotcha.

I hope we're not scaring people off with the price tag. We're still priced below industry standard but tacking $150 on top of an AR, ammo, food, etc. does add up quickly. With luck, we'll see you out there next year.

If you are going, you'll see me at the Garand clinic next weekend. I'm going to pm you some of my thoughts when I get a few minutes about this carbine course from a businessman perspective.

BTW we met last year at the rifle course at Nashville.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    132   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    didn't I see a link for local hotels somewhere? I I found it. Nevermind

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I was going to use my old molle set up.
    But dont wanna feel out of place?
    What is the norm?

At the beta test, some guys went full tactical while others wore street clothes and back pocketed mags. It's a true come as you want party. I ran it as if I was on my way home from work when shtf.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    At the beta test, some guys went full tactical while others wore street clothes and back pocketed mags. It's a true come as you want party. I ran it as if I was on my way home from work when shtf.
    ^^^^^ T H I S ^^^^^

I started the morning using my belt pouches, just before lunch I went to my chest rig, by mid afternoon I was running my plate carrier. It's always a good idea to try out everything.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Battle belt minus pistol. I don't think you are allowed to
    carry additional firearms but I could be wrong.
    Maybe a micro chest rig.
    Good opportunity to see what works best for YOU.

Top Bottom