• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I signed up my wife and I for this event. We both regularly carry our XDS' which is a compact. From past experience, these get rather uncomfortable with extended shooting. I was wondering whether we'd be better off using full size pistols for this event or best to get the practice with our EDC pieces?

Thanks, Matt

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I signed up my wife and I for this event. We both regularly carry our XDS' which is a compact. From past experience, these get rather uncomfortable with extended shooting. I was wondering whether we'd be better off using full size pistols for this event or best to get the practice with our EDC pieces?

Thanks, Matt

Matt

I would defiantly recommend bringing your EDC and a backup pistol of your choosing.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Try going to the pistol 200 event in September. There is a link in that listing for the pistol 100 next weekend. It might work. That's how I found it in the first place. The pistol 100 event wasn't even listed anywhere when I signed up for it, just the link from the pistol 200.
    :dunno:
    Matt

I was also wondering about the password deal. I noticed it a couple days ago.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    ???? Why not attend this one? I want the proof of class-taking for the MCFG membership since I really doubt the NRA has me on record for the 8-hour pistol class from 2004.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    ???? Why not attend this one? I want the proof of class-taking for the MCFG membership since I really doubt the NRA has me on record for the 8-hour pistol class from 2004.

I meant go to the link for the 200 class. Within that page is a link to the 100 class. It "may" bypass the password deal. Sorry I suck at explaining what I mean.

Matt

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    The 7/23 class is sold out, and that's why the registration is now closed. The round count is 2-300 plus whatever you shoot at the steel finale. An email will be sent to all attendees about a week before the event with a list of recommended things to bring and prepare for. In addition, there will be some paperwork for them to print and bring the day of.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    OK, I was confused because I am registered but I cannot look at the page w/ the PW.

I've been told of something that may cause a schedule conflict. If I must cancel, I will let RR know ASAP.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Getting excited for this tomorrow. Have the range bag full and ready.
    Just curious, what distances are we shooting?
    I plan to have my EZ-Up with me as well as a couple chairs for my wife and I. Still need to figure out lunch.

Matt

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Many thanks for another fun event, RR folks. Shooting steel in the rain was definitely a blast. Luckily the weather was awful but it didn't make the day miserable.

I need to up my ammo budget and get a lot more range time before the 200 Pistol class is re-scheduled.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Glad you had fun. I think the blazing hot sun & high humidity right after the rain stopped was the worst part of the day. Stupid me for wearing a black shirt.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Much thanks to all the "staff" for their effort. I had a great time. I had kind of a duh moment early on in the day. My pistol shooting has always sucked and because of that I never really worked on it like I should. The "moment" was when I realized all the trigger control and breathing and all the other stuff I have learned in multiple rifle events also applies to a pistol!!!!! Sometimes I'm a little slow!
    I definitely made great strides during the day.

Thank you!

Matt

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Good class. Good instructors. Good people all around. I am beginning to really prefer the RR events. It just seems like you get a good crop of people attending and that makes a difference.

I'm only disappointed that Slim wouldn't give us the time to zero our pistols to 200 yards!:)

Seriously, it was well done. And I need to really try to figure out this whole shooting thing. My 13 round test at the end was worse than my first try.:( I blame my cross dominance and needing reading glasses to see the front post sharp and not blurry and my constant experimentation with eye wear and stance, but those might be excuses, I don't know. I think if I can definitively get it worked out, I may be able to shoot better with practice.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Shooting glasses can be a big help. It was hard to convince the eye doc that his script focal point was too close. My focus is now set at finger tip length. I wasn't wearing them Sunday. I wore my regular driving glasses.

It was a long day and sometimes you just hit a wall. Take what you learned at class to the range and see what you can do.

Sfrye5853

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Indianapolis, IN
    Many thanks for another fun event, RR folks. Shooting steel in the rain was definitely a blast. Luckily the weather was awful but it didn't make the day miserable.

I need to up my ammo budget and get a lot more range time before the 200 Pistol class is re-scheduled.

I agree with Indymike. I had a great time and learned some things that will help me shoot better in the future. NPOA was a concept I have not considered. I'll be working on this in my dry fire area.

Also looking forward to the 200 class. Hoping to have a spot whenever and wherever it will be.

Top Bottom