Number of events seem thin looking at the schedule.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    I am looking to take my son to a basic rile (125) class where he can use his .22 but the schedule seems to only show one class in Bedford in Sept going forward. Is this year's schedule slimmer than in the past? I thought I remember most months in previous years after the split having at least one event in the state.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    There's also a Basic Rifle event at Nashville in Dec.

You're correct in noting the Basic Rifle schedule is thinner than last year. As volunteers, there's only so much manpower to go around. Much of that has been spent doing other types of courses like Pistol and Carbine. Many of the ranges we do events at have limited scheduling opportunities as well and we've been using up those dates with our other offerings.

I'd love to have Basic Rifle every month but it hasn't been working for us. Our Pistol and Carbine events are selling out. Our Basic Rifle courses have a handful of attendees. In addition to trying to find the balance between manpower and budget we have to listen to the market. The market says Basic Rifle is only necessary a few times a year.

If you can't make it to any of the scheduled events, we can always bring an event to you. We need 25m and a good safe backstop. Have a group of six to twelve? We'll put something on the schedule. If you'd like your son to go through the course but don't have a range or group of folks that also want to attend, send an email and we'll do our best to get a time/place that works for you.

...and as always, more volunteers equal more events!

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    We are working on a youth one day basic rifle later in the year (September-October). This has not been posted yet due to working on dates the range is available. As Slim mentioned though, more volunteers directly corresponds to how many events can be offered.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the quick replies.

I was hoping to see an event at Hamilton County Fish and Game again this year. My schedule conflicted with last year's offerings. Is there a reason that another was not offered there? Was participation low or an issue with scheduling?

We are working on a youth one day basic rifle later in the year (September-October). This has not been posted yet due to working on dates the range is available. As Slim mentioned though, more volunteers directly corresponds to how many events can be offered.

Even if the dates are unknown, may I ask which range? Location is the primary issue with me.

Thank you,

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Thanks for the quick replies.

I was hoping to see an event at Hamilton County Fish and Game again this year. My schedule conflicted with last year's offerings. Is there a reason that another was not offered there? Was participation low or an issue with scheduling?

Even if the dates are unknown, may I ask which range? Location is the primary issue with me.

Thank you,

Crawfordsville is where the youth shoot will be.

Hamilton County was not well attended.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Define "youth". I'm young compared to say, Samuel Whittemore, :dunno:

While you are young looking, "youth" for this event should be between 8-19. Possibly as low as 6 if we have enough volunteers for one on one coaching, and the yute is capable of safely handling a firearm and listening/following instruction.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Wow. I missed that one! Selfishly, sort of glad it is being rescheduled. I would hate to have choose between Bob Segar and "Burly Man with Dented Soda Can"!! :dunno:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Wow. I missed that one! Selfishly, sort of glad it is being rescheduled. I would hate to have choose between Bob Segar and "Burly Man with Dented Soda Can"!! :dunno:

I'm afraid Bob would win....you shoot and I'll goto the concert. Also, this event will most likely not be at MCFG. We are checking available dates with other ranges.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Link said range out to 100 yards. Is the intent to shoot pistols that far? Just piqued my curiosity reading that. I know that's the max range at MCF&G.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Link said range out to 100 yards. Is the intent to shoot pistols that far? Just piqued my curiosity reading that. I know that's the max range at MCF&G.

It has been done, but not for this course. That's just the range limits. The 101 course is 7-15 yards.

ol' Huff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012

its always my intent to shoot pistols really far. It makes shootin them close easier. I frequently encourage people to take stabs at the 100 and 200 yards steel with their carry guns at Bedford. It's fun.

Top Bottom