Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Number of events seem thin looking at the schedule.

I am looking to take my son to a basic rile (125) class where he can use his .22 but the schedule seems to only show one class in Bedford in Sept going forward. Is this year's schedule slimmer than in the past? I thought I remember most months in previous years after the split having at least one event in the state.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you
    Daniel GM1 USNR (R)

There's also a Basic Rifle event at Nashville in Dec.

You're correct in noting the Basic Rifle schedule is thinner than last year. As volunteers, there's only so much manpower to go around. Much of that has been spent doing other types of courses like Pistol and Carbine. Many of the ranges we do events at have limited scheduling opportunities as well and we've been using up those dates with our other offerings.

I'd love to have Basic Rifle every month but it hasn't been working for us. Our Pistol and Carbine events are selling out. Our Basic Rifle courses have a handful of attendees. In addition to trying to find the balance between manpower and budget we have to listen to the market. The market says Basic Rifle is only necessary a few times a year.

If you can't make it to any of the scheduled events, we can always bring an event to you. We need 25m and a good safe backstop. Have a group of six to twelve? We'll put something on the schedule. If you'd like your son to go through the course but don't have a range or group of folks that also want to attend, send an email and we'll do our best to get a time/place that works for you.

...and as always, more volunteers equal more events!

We are working on a youth one day basic rifle later in the year (September-October). This has not been posted yet due to working on dates the range is available. As Slim mentioned though, more volunteers directly corresponds to how many events can be offered.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

Thanks for the quick replies.

I was hoping to see an event at Hamilton County Fish and Game again this year. My schedule conflicted with last year's offerings. Is there a reason that another was not offered there? Was participation low or an issue with scheduling?

We are working on a youth one day basic rifle later in the year (September-October). This has not been posted yet due to working on dates the range is available. As Slim mentioned though, more volunteers directly corresponds to how many events can be offered.
    Even if the dates are unknown, may I ask which range? Location is the primary issue with me.

Thank you,
    Daniel GM1 USNR (R)

Quote Originally Posted by Streck-Fu View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies.

I was hoping to see an event at Hamilton County Fish and Game again this year. My schedule conflicted with last year's offerings. Is there a reason that another was not offered there? Was participation low or an issue with scheduling?

Even if the dates are unknown, may I ask which range? Location is the primary issue with me.

Thank you,
    Crawfordsville is where the youth shoot will be.

Hamilton County was not well attended.

Great! Thank you. I'll look into it.
    Daniel GM1 USNR (R)

Define "youth". I'm young compared to say, Samuel Whittemore,
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    Define "youth". I'm young compared to say, Samuel Whittemore,
    While you are young looking, "youth" for this event should be between 8-19. Possibly as low as 6 if we have enough volunteers for one on one coaching, and the yute is capable of safely handling a firearm and listening/following instruction.

Is this event sold out already too?
    https://www.reveresriders.org/event/...dianapolis-in/
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyMike2112 View Post
    Is this event sold out already too?
    https://www.reveresriders.org/event/...dianapolis-in/
    Unfortunately, we had to cancel this event ... Labor Day weekend, and the Course of Instruction isn't quite complete are the two main reasons. We'll be rescheduling this event when the COI is ready. It's very challenging trying to roll out new classes, but we will continue to develop the class offerings from Revere's Riders.

Stay tuned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast