Basic Pistol Course (11/12/17 at Crawfordsville)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    I posted the event on my FB and got a lot of response. It sounds like a couple of my old DFAS buddies are signing up. Kathy's girls have expressed interest and I will be bringing a friend's son.

I hope there is going to be singing and bacon. I promised singing and bacon! :bacondance:

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I posted the event on my FB and got a lot of response. It sounds like a couple of my old DFAS buddies are signing up. Kathy's girls have expressed interest and I will be bringing a friend's son.

I hope there is going to be singing and bacon. I promised singing and bacon! :bacondance:

Bacon I can promise, but singing is a maybe. I'll leave the singing to ATM.

mulsas

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2012
    Westfield
    My son and I have done two Basic Rifle classes, but haven't done any type of pistol training yet. Is it run pretty much like the rifle class, everyone on the line at the same time, so everyone needs their own pistol? In the event that we have any other family want to join us, just want to make sure we have everyone provided for.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    In a word, yes. Everybody will need their own handgun. If you don't have enough for all the people you want to bring, RR has several handguns to be loaned out.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Any chance of seeing an after action report from this event, we stopped by, but couldnt participate. Curious as to any pics taken?

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It was a brisk and damp morn at the Crawfordsville Gun Club on the 12 of November in the year of our Lord 2017. In all fifteen shooters braved the cold November rain to attend the final Revere's Riders basic pistol course of the year. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The morn began with the safety briefing and getting the equipment to the firing line. There was a nice variety of semi automatic pistols on the line ranging from the diminutive 22 LR to the meaty 45 ACP. For a brief moment, a snub nose .38 revolver made an appearance, but ultimately it retreated to dryer confines. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]After the safety briefing, we shot the Whittemore 13 qualifier to gather a baseline of the students abilities. This same target was shot at the end of instruction, and the scores were significantly higher. We then deleted into the instruction points to which you will have to attend an event in 2018 to learn more about. After each segment, the students showcased their new knowledge on the firing line, and the instructors walked amidst the shooters making suggestions on how to improve. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]At lunch, the rain steadily poured as TJ told the tale of how our forefathers bravely fought against all perils to claim their independence. The students were captivated by the rousing story of how a band of militia defeated the greatest army of that era. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Afterwards, we paired the students up so that they could do some student coaching. It was awkward at first, but after a few moments, the coaches began to see the faults in their pupils and realized that they themselves had many of the same flaws in their form. It is important to note that their were no harsh words or punches exchanged. The group was a civilized lot. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Following these drills, Brown told the rousing story of Samuel Whittemore while the instructors prepared the line for the final qualifier. The students each attempted to earn their pistol marksmanship patch a total of 4 times. In the end, 3 students earned the coveted patch. [/FONT][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The event was concluded with a challenge to each of the students to each seek out an opportunity to improve their communities and directly making America a nation of endless possibilities. I’d like to thank all of the shooters who braved the weather and allowed us to share a day at the range with them. [/FONT][/FONT]

Top Bottom