Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    It was brought to my attention that there isn't exactly a course description if you don't know what a qualifier is. This is what I was referring to in the link and what a qualifier is.
    General Match Rules

The following general match rules are in effect:

• Attendees will squad into groups of 4 (two shooting, two in the pits) during strings.
    • Each relay will shoot sighters and then two qualifiers, swap and repeat.
    • Saturday morning shooters shoot Sunday Afternoon (by shooting sighters each day it gives the opportunity to shoot in two divisions)

Match Divisions

Match divisions will include the following:

• Service Rifle (ARs, AKs, M14s as long as the sights are irons)
    • Vintage Service (M1s, Enfields, K31, WWII era, iron sights only)
    • Open (any rifle, any sights)

A qualifier consists of
    100 yards, one magazine, ten rounds, standing, 2 minutes time limit
    200 yards, two magazines, one with 2 rounds and one with 8 rounds, transition from standing to seated, shoot ten rounds in 60 seconds time limit
    300 yards, two magazines, one with 2 rounds and one with 8 rounds, transition from standing to seated, shoot ten rounds in 70 seconds time limit
    400 yards, one magazine ten rounds, prone 5 minutes time limit.

Sighters are shot at each distance consisting of three shots, targets are marked so that you may see where your shots impacted. You can then make adjustments if needed and shoot three more sighters to verify. You will then move to the next distance shooting sighters are each distance out to 400 yards. Sighters will only be shot once before the two qualifiers or each relay on each day.

Hope this helps clarify things.
    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted & saves those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

As soon as I can nail down my work schedule around that weekend I'll be signing up.

Probably be three sighted groups per distance.
    This ain't Sparta, its 'Murica.

I want to be there so badly for this but I can't find a single person at work willing to do a trade so I can make it. This has been a really, really bad year for other non-shooting things. The inability to make it to almost all the shooting events/training this year has just been the icing on this crappy year.
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of Gad became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post

I want to be there so badly for this but I can't find a single person at work willing to do a trade so I can make it. This has been a really, really bad year for other non-shooting things. The inability to make it to almost all the shooting events/training this year has just been the icing on this crappy year.
    Keep trying you have until the 27th to get signed up.

That's right folks, this isn't one of those shoot where you can just show up. Registration closes the week before. Hurry up and get signed up.
    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted & saves those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

Waiting on a few more details but it looks like I might make it down this time. I should be able to sign up this evening.

I assume "no camping" this time around? Budget is tight and I might have to pitch a tent on the side of the road or find a parking lot.
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of Gad became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

It just so happens that I have a spare bed in the form of a pull out couch if you want to crash here. Rumor has it I may even attend this event with a few family members.

And for anyone wondering , Yeah, thats Marty Brown to the left
    www.hitscount.org

OK, I'm signed up! I'm bringing a scoped PSA 18" AR15 & my 99% stock-ish iron sighted '90's Colt Sporter AR15. No fancy schmancy guns, no fancy schmancy hand loads, just over the counter ammo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2