Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Marty Brown Invitational Rifle Match at Camp Atterbury

Revere's Riders will be hosting an Invitational Rifle Match to honor Marty Brown on November 4th and 5th. Marty was an Instructor who lost her long battle with ovarian cancer. This is a rifle match, there will not be an instructional portion to this event. Come prepared to shoot sighters and two qualifiers during half of each day and work the pits the other half.

Follow this link "Marty Brown Invitational Rifle Match" to view the match rules, divisions and to get signed up.
    The LORD is close to the brokenhearted & saves those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

Grandmaster
    This would be the only class I'd win:
    person judged to be carrying the most **** for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by singlesix View Post
    This would be the only class I'd win:
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    Nope I guarantee I'll have you beat in that category. Just wait and see what's planned.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

So, is this an "invitational", or is it open to anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Birdblastingbrad View Post
    So, is this an "invitational", or is it open to anyone?
    Anyone can sign up, but there is zero instruction. All shooters should be squared away prior to the event. So if you've attended a past basic rifle or similar type course, you should be good to go. Hope to see a lot of friends and INGOers there.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

What yardages will be shot?

100-400.
    This ain't Sparta, its 'Murica.

Could you describe the course of fire (prone, offhand, sitting, timed)? How many rounds for each position?
    Will the course of fire repeat at the following distances? 100yd, 200yd, 300yd, 400yd
    What targets will be used? Will they be the same for scope and irons?

Quote Originally Posted by sht4brnz View Post
    Could you describe the course of fire (prone, offhand, sitting, timed)? How many rounds for each position?
    Will the course of fire repeat at the following distances? 100yd, 200yd, 300yd, 400yd
    Unsuported at 100, move back to 200 and shoot sitting, move back to 300 and shoot prone, move back to 400 and shoot prone. All timed to shoot 10 shots. 100 yd/2 mins, 200/1 min, 300/70 secs, 400/5 mins. You must do a mag change for 200 & 300. Only allowed to use a sling to support (no tripoding magazine or using a rest).
    Target is approx 26 wide by 19 tall and is the same for irons, scope, red dot ....
    Typically run from 100 out to 400 then work 400 back to 100. Rinse lather repeat as time allows.
    You carry everything with you so pack
    light. There will be some time to verify zero and gather data at each of the ranges (100,200,300,400).
    Having said all this I am a nobody but this has been my experience at the last two or three and I suspect the format will be similar.
    One things for sure you will have a great time at a great venue with great people.
    I'm hoping to make it out there again as this is a superb opportunity.
    There should be a couple of AAR's floating around for Atterbury KD shoots which may offer more info.
    Someone in the know should be along to correct whatever errors I made.
    Nigel

Quote Originally Posted by sht4brnz View Post
    Click on the link in the original post. There is a course description on the page. Nad63 was close in his description. Check out the link for more details.

And yes, this event is opened to the public. No where can you get to shoot at Atterbury for two straight days for such a reasonable price. Granted there is not instruction, but you get two sets of sighters, and four qualifiers. This allows you to collect data on two different rifles if you want. Plus with no instruction, there will be a lot of instructors on the line shooting and it's guaranteed there will be a lot of ribbing going on. Sign ups end Oct 27th, don't let the date slip by and not be signed up.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted & saves those who are crushed. Psalm 34:18

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast