Plinker

Revere’s Riders - Rifle 125 - 2-Day Basic Rifle - 2-3 Dec 2017 – Nashville, IN

The last Indiana Revere's Riders event for 2017 is coming up December 2-3: Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – Two Day (Nashville, IN) – Revere’s Riders

This will be our usual Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) course with a few "incentives" to get folks on the line:

• this is a great opportunity to test your marksmanship skills in cold weather (can you shoot a score in these conditions?)
    • if you need a break from the cold, we will have a bonfire going both days
    • we will be supplying the fixin's for S'mores (probably on Saturday); eat some gooey goodness while listening to Revolutionary War history
    • we will be giving away TWO RIFLE SCOPES to event participants (see the event listing linked above for details)

HHRP is a great range located in the hills near Nashville, IN. Last year we were entertained by several A-10 Warthogs on a training flight; they made several passes over the range. Obviously, we can't guarantee a repeat of that this year, but if you don't come out you won't know what you missed until you read the AAR.

Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    webmaster@reveresriders.org
    Master Rifleman (48/50)

Plinker
    Hmm, crickets. You guys did see that we're giving away around $600 in rifle scopes (Bushnell 2-7×32 worth around $90 and Vortex PST 1-4x24 worth around $500), right?

Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    webmaster@reveresriders.org
    Master Rifleman (48/50)

Just signed up. Looking forward to some more great training! Always enjoy your guys events.

Ron

So it's this more of a rimfire event or are ARs welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Ggreen View Post
    So it's this more of a rimfire event or are ARs welcome?
    Either are acceptable. For my first RR course I was just starting out and trying to learn the fundamentals, so I figured rimfire was the way to go.

Now that I have some of the foundation down, I'm more interested in learning my specific rifle and will bring an AR to the next event I shoot.
    If I had a gun for every ace I have drawn, I could arm a town the size of Abilene.

I just signed up with my son, he's 9. He'll have a cricket and I'll bring my AR. We're staying the lodge in brown county so a waterpark for my wife and other son to enjoy while we shoot.

Very much looking forward to it. This will be my first true instruction in marksmanship. We went to boston this summer and my son loved the history and paul revere. This should be awesome.

If my iron sights aren't perfectly zeroed is that something we can work on?
    Amazing Grace, how sweet was her sound.

Love them as if you'll lose them.

If a wise man has an argument with a fool, The fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet. Proverbs 29:9

Marksman
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierdoc View Post
    I just signed up with my son, he's 9. He'll have a cricket and I'll bring my AR. We're staying the lodge in brown county so a waterpark for my wife and other son to enjoy while we shoot.

Very much looking forward to it. This will be my first true instruction in marksmanship. We went to boston this summer and my son loved the history and paul revere. This should be awesome.

If my iron sights aren't perfectly zeroed is that something we can work on?
    Looking forward to meeting you and your son. Learning how to adjust your sights is definitely something that you will learn at this event.