• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    The last Indiana Revere's Riders event for 2017 is coming up December 2-3: Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) – Two Day (Nashville, IN) – Revere’s Riders

This will be our usual Rifle 125 (Basic Rifle) course with a few "incentives" to get folks on the line:

• this is a great opportunity to test your marksmanship skills in cold weather (can you shoot a score in these conditions?)
    • if you need a break from the cold, we will have a bonfire going both days
    • we will be supplying the fixin's for S'mores (probably on Saturday); eat some gooey goodness while listening to Revolutionary War history
    • we will be giving away TWO RIFLE SCOPES to event participants (see the event listing linked above for details)

HHRP is a great range located in the hills near Nashville, IN. Last year we were entertained by several A-10 Warthogs on a training flight; they made several passes over the range. Obviously, we can't guarantee a repeat of that this year, but if you don't come out you won't know what you missed until you read the AAR.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    So it's this more of a rimfire event or are ARs welcome?

Either are acceptable. For my first RR course I was just starting out and trying to learn the fundamentals, so I figured rimfire was the way to go.

Now that I have some of the foundation down, I'm more interested in learning my specific rifle and will bring an AR to the next event I shoot.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I just signed up with my son, he's 9. He'll have a cricket and I'll bring my AR. We're staying the lodge in brown county so a waterpark for my wife and other son to enjoy while we shoot.

Very much looking forward to it. This will be my first true instruction in marksmanship. We went to boston this summer and my son loved the history and paul revere. This should be awesome.

If my iron sights aren't perfectly zeroed is that something we can work on?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I just signed up with my son, he's 9. He'll have a cricket and I'll bring my AR. We're staying the lodge in brown county so a waterpark for my wife and other son to enjoy while we shoot.

Very much looking forward to it. This will be my first true instruction in marksmanship. We went to boston this summer and my son loved the history and paul revere. This should be awesome.

If my iron sights aren't perfectly zeroed is that something we can work on?
    Looking forward to meeting you and your son. Learning how to adjust your sights is definitely something that you will learn at this event.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Still plenty of room at this event. You will get some fantastic rifle marksmanship instruction, hear the history of April 19th, 1775 in a way you may not have heard it before plus a bonfire to keep you warm, S'mores and the camaraderie of some great people.

Oh, and the chance to win one of two rifle scopes (right now, you have a 1 in 4 chance of winning!).

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    I registered last night, an early gift from the in-laws. They also ordered a midway shooting mat for me. It's good to marry into a gun family.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Well the event is over and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. Except my sore shoulder. Many thanks to Brian, TJ, and gopher for their patience and help setting everything up. They were great with my 9-yo son as well. Two full days of instruction was a bit much for him and he bailed early on day one but rallied to complete the whole second day of instruction.

thanks again for sharing your time and knowledge with us :cheers:

Last edited:

brianheeter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Bloomington
    The weather was unbelievably good and the shooters were motivated and ready! A great weekend. Many thanks to the shooters that showed up, were "all there" and made this shoot great.

brian

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Had some great training, and an enjoyable time at this event. I appreciate all the effort put into this by everyone involved.

Looking forward to attending pistol instruction in a future event.

Ron

Top Bottom