Join INGunOwners For Free
    Plinker

User Info Menu

Long Shot,. But Looking to ID a Revolver

In July of '17 I attended the basic pistol class at the Marion County Fish & Game range. When we completed the course some of the volunteers brought out their personal handguns to let us shoot. One of those guns was a Ruger revolver that shot 357 or 44 mag I believe. I was wondering if anyone knows this revolver and if they could give me the details on it like what model was it and what barrel length was it. The gun was perfect in my hands and I am looking at adding one to my family.

User Info Menu

Iirc, that was hop's ruger sp101 and I think it's a 327federal mag.
    Hopefully He Will correct me if I'm wrong, or shoot him a PM.

If that wasn't it, it was my ruger super redhawk with a 2x scope in 44mag. Although I doubt that was it. I don't remember putting that one out there, and you would surely remember the hand cannon qualities of the 44 mag.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I know it had iron sights.

Plinker

User Info Menu

I believe the same person that had the revolver also had a pistol with a can he manufactured.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sfrye5853 View Post
    I believe the same person that had the revolver also had a pistol with a can he manufactured.
    Yeah, that would be Hop.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TJ Kackowski View Post
    Yeah, that would be Hop.
    Excellent, thanks TJ and Bocefus

User Info Menu

Shameless self promotion, I have an sp101 in .327 Fed for sale in the classifieds.
    "If you are mad as hell and aren't gonna take it anymore, grab your rifle and head outside. If you're the only one with a rifle screaming like a maniac, go back inside. It isn't time yet"

"I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns. It was called Schindler's List."

User Info Menu

I shot that revolver also. It was a SP101 in .357Mag. I remember because I wasn't so sure about shooting what I thought would be an intimidating caliber. That thing was great.
    “Keep your friends close. Keep your enemies closer."

User Info Menu

Hop had a GP100 in 357mag out that day. I don't remember there being an SP.

Hop

User Info Menu

I had a stainless GP100 in .357 AND a small black Ruger LCR .327 Federal Magnum. I had 38 & 357 ammo for the GP & four calibers for the LCR; 32 S&W, 32 S&W Long, 32 H&R Magnum & .327 Federal Magnum.