• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    Hey all. Ive attended 4 reveres riders events (1 basic rifle, 1 basic handgun, and 2 carbine) and at one was able to shoot TJ’s m1. I’ve got a hankering to purchase an m1 from cmp after they sent me an email to remind me that I wanted one. I remember briefly speaking about the purchase of one with TJ but can’t remember how I go about this. I believe there was some sort of form that I needed to send cmp. Is this form just the one you get for class completion or another one? Is there anything else from reveres riders I would need? Thanks in advance. Also is there any talk of a field rifle event in the future? Would love to stretch the legs on my latest build!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Here is the CMP Sales page. I'd recommend a Service Grade for a first M1.

M1 Garand - Civilian Marksmanship ProgramCivilian Marksmanship Program

Here are the detailed instructions. Yeah, it is jumping thru some hoops; but, that first time you make your own M1 "PING!", you'll have no regrets.

Ordering Information - Civilian Marksmanship ProgramCivilian Marksmanship Program

Your RR Certificate gives you the shooting requirements, for the Club membership, I highly recommend the Garand Collector's Association.

Garand Collectors Association - M1 Garand Collectors Association

It is $25 a year. The quarterly magazine is well worth the price.

WIN13-20150823-01NewWoodRight_zpsc1vh3r8z.jpg

Last edited:

Kpquinn9100

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2015
    Camby
    Awesome I appreciate the help! I was browsing the requirements page earlier today and wondered about the club. I’ll check out the one you listed. I love literature so a quarterly magazine would be an awesome way to learn some more about the garand. Thanks again!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    If you open that downloadable order form on the second link, page 4A in the middle is a check list that pretty much walks you through.

And once you order one, you are in the system. The next purchase is much easier. That's how it begins...

9rh5ZDU.jpg

Top Bottom