Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kpquinn9100 View Post
    Done deal. One guy is committed. Waiting on confirmation from the other.

This isnít the same class thatís considered field rifle thatís also at atterbury right? If not, is there any field rifle classes in the near future? And whatís the difference between the two?

I think I read field went out to 5-600yds and Iím guessing it doesnít incorporate the pop up targets. Iím sure thereís more instruction on field as this one states thereís not much. Either way Iíd like to do both!
    The 2 events are completely different, and there is a KD shoot (Marty Brown Memorial) at Atterbury on 11/3-4/18. This one is for those who have been to event in the past and want to shoot at actual distance vs 25yd. Here is the link:https://www.reveresriders.org/event/...-atterbury-in/
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

Hop

User Info Menu

No, not the same as a Camp Atterbury KD. We don't have a KD on the schedule there this year. We do, however, have a 2nd Annual Marty Brown Memorial shoot on the schedule there.

What you learn in our basic rifle 25 yd class is also used at the KD shoot + learning come ups and reading the wind. Most shooting is done at 100, 200, 300, 400 but we'll go out to 500 if time permits.
    The pop up shoot will require a battle sight zero. You won't have time to dope your scope. You'll need to quickly asses target distance & apply the correct hold to hit one or more targets before they "time out" and disappear from view. I know the pop up pistol range popped up two targets at once. I'll assume the rifle range has that capability as well. There's several target scenarios to pick from in the control booth.

https://www.reveresriders.org/event/...-atterbury-in/

The Memorial shoot is a friendly high power rifle competition from 100 - 400 yards. There won't be any instruction. You will get some sighters at each distance.
    I barely won the match last year over Rayne (fellow RR instructor). She's coming at me hard this year though. It'll be a tough title defense. I might need help again from Jake & Nigel (inside joke)!

Expert

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sht4brnz View Post
    AR Irons work at 1000yds
    Sorta.

lmao!
    President's Hundred
    A2 Service Rifle High Master XC
    Distinguished Rifleman
    1,000 yd A2 Service Rifle Expert
    Incessant Tinkerer

User Info Menu

Dang it... gettin' butterflies...
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

User Info Menu

Good deal. Iíll check out the Marty brown invitational as well. Thanks guys!

User Info Menu

oops... I posted about butterflies in the wrong thread!
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

User Info Menu

Well, I signed up for the POP UP shoot just now. See whoever I see there.
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

User Info Menu

There are still some spots available for this unique opportunity.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Down to 4 spots left for this event.
    Last edited by gopher; 09-02-2018 at 20:05.

Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org
    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps

User Info Menu

A post by gopher was just made and edited about this being on November 4th. Just to clarify this event is still being held on October 20th and the field rifle event is still being held on November 4th. Got a guy taking one of these spots for the pop up event tonight. I think weíll both snag some spots for the November event as well.

Side note I just purchased my ticket today and saw the Labor Day sale just now! Is there anyway I can retro this deal?! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Kpquinn9100; 09-02-2018 at 20:16. Reason: Misunderstanding?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast