• ...and so much more!
  • 308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2018-jul-14-15-richmond-in/

The Whittemore Weekend is a special event because it combines or basic pistol and basic rifle courses into one weekend. What makes this one even more special is that A&A Optics is sponsoring this shoot, and they will be giving away a ton of great optics and swag. Every paid shooter will have an opportunity to win one of several scopes, binoculars and other Vortex gear. This shoot is filling up fast so sign up today.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    Got my ticket months ago! I am looking forward to this. I am trying to decide which guns to use. My pistols are Springfield XD subcompacts in 9 and 45 and a Ruger 22/45. I have two Ruger 10/22 rifles and an AR15. I might just make it an all-.22LR weekend. Not sure yet.

Anyone here camping the night before and/or the night between?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Got my ticket months ago! I am looking forward to this. I am trying to decide which guns to use. My pistols are Springfield XD subcompacts in 9 and 45 and a Ruger 22/45. I have two Ruger 10/22 rifles and an AR15. I might just make it an all-.22LR weekend. Not sure yet.

Anyone here camping the night before and/or the night between?

We would love to have camper's. Bring burgers, or hotdogs. Ill have a grill fired up, and a bonfire if folks so desire.

Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    Another camper for Friday and Saturday night, hope the rain doesn't come as last year although the lighting light show was fun. I'm thinking of either a CZ-75b or a XD-9 for the pistol day and when a idea of range distance comes out either a PTR-91F or a Windham AR-10 for long range or a Vector V-93 or Windham AR-15a2 for short(er) range.

Jump62
    aka Paul

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Another camper for Friday and Saturday night, hope the rain doesn't come as last year although the lighting light show was fun. I'm thinking of either a CZ-75b or a XD-9 for the pistol day and when a idea of range distance comes out either a PTR-91F or a Windham AR-10 for long range or a Vector V-93 or Windham AR-15a2 for short(er) range.

Jump62
    aka Paul
    The Morgan shingle shot is a single cold bore shot at a target about 8-1/2" x 11" set at 250 yds. Hit the target, win a prize ... or something like that.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    With or without optics?

Either way.

I see no reason not to shoot this entire thing with a 22LR unless its windy. I've said it before, and Ill say it again. Long range rimfire is the most fun you can have with your pants on. At 250 yards its just starting to get interesting. My favorite shooting drill of all time is the insulator race that Indygunworks and I came up with about 10 years ago.

Draw 2 lines about 40 yards apart roughly (I say roughly because its UKD) 150 yards from the firing line. Put 2 electric fence insulator's on line 1, and you and your partner race to the second line.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Its been ask what the prizes will be. The answer is, I don't know. Your odds of winning something will be roughly 25% (1 in 4). In the past I've given 3000-4000 in optics away per shoot. The bottom line is, your odds are pretty good for paying off your shoot costs with prizes. There are still plenty of spots on the line.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Its been ask what the prizes will be. The answer is, I don't know. Your odds of winning something will be roughly 25% (1 in 4). In the past I've given 3000-4000 in optics away per shoot. The bottom line is, your odds are pretty good for paying off your shoot costs with prizes. There are still plenty of spots on the line.

Alan your generosity is overwhelming. Besides the chance to win some fantastic optics, this will be a fantastic shoot. There are several special rifle and pistol challenges planned.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Are there any B&B's or motels nearby? I prefer to stay near the venue instead of driving back and forth for two day events. Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and reasonably comfortable.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Your best bet if you want a hotel will be the east side of Richmond. It's about 20 minutes away. There is one in Liberty, but you will need to bring spare mags to fight of the bedbugs.

Another option is a tents on the range. Weather cooperating we will have a bonfire and tell lies in the evening, and a grill will be available for everyone's use.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Terrible cell coverage in that area, almost non existent! Sporadic at best.
    Once you leave work tomorrow you should be safe :whistle:

Top Bottom